First UTV Purchase; are the GPS accessories worth it?

Deotwirez

Buying my first UTV (Polaris rzr xp 1000) after going over and over in this sub and other forums. My last remaining question is: Are the $600 dollar GPS units even remotely worth it at that price point? I will MOSTLY be operating this vehicle in Vermont / New Hampshire if that helps. Even the "best value" accessories for rzr xp 1000 from googling are around 400 dollars. Then there are apps like the OnX Offroad and what have you. I know it's kinda funny to spend nearly 30k all said and done and then balk at $600, but... idk here I am doing just that.

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you want to have it built in and not an external device, it is worth it. I don't know personally how good the Ride Command maps are or what is used to populate them, so I wont tell you it is worth it from that perspective.

rholbrook

Both of my UTVs have ride command and we never use it either. I also have a mapping app on my phone and don't use it except occasionally on my Adventure Bike.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I use Gaia on a $50 Samsung Xcover pro phone that is not activated for phone service. IT's the best, cheapest GPS solution in my opinion. Plus you can share your Gaia points and route with your phone or tablet but not risk those devices when you use the burner phone.