Five Mile Pass

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
A guy I work with told me that Five Mile may be closed off soon due to some bad dirt getting people sick,,,

I guess it was on the news and could be closed of a few years:(

Anyone heard anything:confused:

demon jeep

Banned
I heard about that a year ago. They do have some signs up warning about a canyon they would like you to stay out of but that is it. We run a trail out there that comes out at the top of sushine canyon hope that area can stay open it is a great trail. Ill see what I can find out.

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Shawn:

This is the closure you are referring to, from Alan:

Greetings,

I hope you've all had a great summer.

I received a letter from the BLM over the weekend informing us of the Manning Canyon Remediation of Arsenic Contaminated Mill and Mine Tailings in Utah County. Please pass along the following information to your clubs and fellow 4wheelers.

This site is located in the Oquirrh Mountains approximately 40 miles south of SLC and 3 miles south of Cedar Fort off state highway 73. The closure will be for approximately 3 years while hazardous materials are cleaned up. Access to the canyon along the existing Lewiston and Manning Canyon County Roads will be closed to the public until the end of the project. The area
will be reopened for public use after completion.

For more information contact Tim Ingwell at the BLM Field Office- (801) 977-4353 or Jack Brown at the BLM State Office (801) 539-4064.

Thank you,

Alan Taylor
President, U4WDA

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Manning Canyon is on the East side of the Ridge, correct? That's tha place with the Motorcross track. I wonder if they are just going to close specific location off?

Sunshine Canyon is on the other side of the mountain, but there are Tailings all over. Would they shut it all down?

Meat_

Banned
Incase anyone is wondering.... here's some recent pics of Manning. They are saying sometime in '07 for completion now :mad2: (I've got higher rez, but no place to put them)

Attachments

• manning.jpg
    manning.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 61
  • manning2.jpg
    manning2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 43