Flowmaster with RE Long Arm Suspension?

TwistedTJ

I have a 98 TJ 4.0L. I would like to run a 40 series Flowmaster muffler but I have a Rubicon Express 5.5" Long arm suspension lift. I have heard there may be clearance issues with this combination. Is this true? I currently run a cherry bomb and I can not stand the sound of it. I also have a 2" body lift so I may have some additional clearance.

Does anyone use a Flowmaster exhaust in a TJ with a long arm suspension?

If I can use one what inlet and outlet orientation do you run? I was told by an exhaust shop to use a 2.25 center inlet and a 2.25" off set outlet. Does this sound right. I am going to order the muffler on line and install it myself.

P

pokeyYJ

There is a guy on here that has a 40 series flowmaster and an Anarchy Offroad long-arm system on his 2001 TJ, his user name is caste. As far as I know he put it on there because the factory exhaust had clearance issues.

I don't know about the inlet and outlet diameter, though.

WJL

I had a shop here in ogden do mine and the 40 series was way too close to stuff for my taste. I went with a magna flow ss they are super small and built well.
The inlet was offset and outlet centered 2.5" and custom bent out the back. Cost $175.00
Very happy with it. Nice sound also not loud just slight throaty sound.

bigchev79

if your worried about clearns flowmaster makes an 11in long singal chamber muffler
now if your not sitting down u better be shop cost is about $160 ea
and you can dubbel that for a reg custmer
and if your instred a reg flowmaster runs a shop about $80
and a reg muffler is about 20 to 30 depending on muffler well sell that 1 four 69
the rest is markup

Caleb

bigchev79 said:
if your worried about clearns flowmaster makes an 11in long singal chamber muffler
now if your not sitting down u better be shop cost is about $160 ea
and you can dubbel that for a reg custmer
and if your instred a reg flowmaster runs a shop about $80
and a reg muffler is about 20 to 30 depending on muffler well sell that 1 four 69
the rest is markup

where do you work? just curious cause I need to get some quotes for the exhaust on my buggy...

TwistedTJ

WJL said:
I had a shop here in ogden do mine and the 40 series was way too close to stuff for my taste. I went with a magna flow ss they are super small and built well.
The inlet was offset and outlet centered 2.5" and custom bent out the back. Cost $175.00
Very happy with it. Nice sound also not loud just slight throaty sound.

I really like the sound of the 40 Series Flowmaster so thats why I wanted to put one on my Jeep. I guess the best approach is to take some measurements. Hopefully I have room.