For the video editors out there.

jentzschman

Ok, for those who do video editing, how in the world did he do this at 1:17? The train is moving at normal speed but he is in super slow motion.

[video=youtube_share;f0xyzj545tc]http://youtu.be/f0xyzj545tc[/video]

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I would think it's 2 different videos, stitched together. I'd think that the train wasn't passing when he jumped, but had before or after. No idea how to do that though... :rofl:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Split the frame top to bottom. Cut right before the slow mo, split the frame top to bottom with two different clips, run the top frame at slower speed, cut after the slow mo through to the finish. He is the only thing moving in the top half of the frame and the train is the only thing moving in the bottom half of the frame. If a bird flew through the shot it would look really weird.

jentzschman

Split the frame top to bottom. Cut right before the slow mo, split the frame top to bottom with two different clips, run the top frame at slower speed, cut after the slow mo through to the finish. He is the only thing moving in the top half of the frame and the train is the only thing moving in the bottom half of the frame. If a bird flew through the shot it would look really weird.

Being that I have no clue what you said, I'll take your word for it. :) In any case, it is a sweet part of the video.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Being that I have no clue what you said, I'll take your word for it. :) In any case, it is a sweet part of the video.
The bottom half is showing real time video, recorded separate from the jump. The top half you can do whatever you want to it as long as nothing crosses over and the camera doesn't move at all it still lines up.
You can think of it like green screening, but instead of keying out a color in the frame, you're keying out an area of the frame.

Also, since the GoPro cant shoot anywhere near that slow mo, a program like Twixtor is used that makes it look like it was.

Last edited: