For those following the steering thread...

reddman

Fabber
I have deleted the original thread, for I am promised that I will recieve a phone call tonight and the issue will be worked out. I am hoping this action will show the other party involved that I am happy to move on, once the debt is corrected. If it's not, I'm ready to take further steps to ensure that the situation is rectified to my satisfaction.

In a way, I hate to take it down, because it was a good little reminder for those considering dishonesty. Plus it warned others of the potential dangers of doing business with this individual. My hope is that this will awaken him to the consequences of seemingly trivial decisions, and that he will lead his life in a more honerable direction. Out of respect for his family I feel obligated to pull it down, as I truly don't want to tarnish the good name of those close to him.

-Redd

reddman

Fabber
:rolleyes:

TC promises the orbital valve and the pump with the pulley will be at my house on Saturday. He also is trying to convince me that he wasn't trying to avoid me, he was just busy, for six months, most of which he had no job to occupy his time. Then he hung up on me, again.

If he is not here with the parts in good condition Saturday, I will be going to the police to file a report and restarting the call out thread, to warn people about his lying ways. I'll probably warn pirate4x4 too.

Last edited:

Bart

Glad you got it worked out Redd, hopefully it all gets resolved. BTW, are you back in town now? I thought you moved back east again. How's your buggy coming along?

reddman

Fabber
Glad you got it worked out Redd, hopefully it all gets resolved. BTW, are you back in town now? I thought you moved back east again. How's your buggy coming along?

Well, it's not worked out yet, I have don't have a ton of faith in TC actually keeping his word for the first time, but cross your fingers with me!

Yeah, I didn't permenantly move back to Blue Torch, I just went to help them build their new KOH race car. That thing turned out sweet!

I'm here in Salt Lake for good and working at MD Motorsports.

My buggy is just about to come into the shop so progress can begin again. A build thread will start once it's a little further along. Some of the crazy stuff will just look strange until it comes together, and I would rather avoid having to explain the new ideas I'm trying on this one.

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
If he is not here with the parts in good condition Saturday, I will be going to the police to file a report and restarting the call out thread, to warn people about his lying ways. I'll probably warn pirate4x4 too.

The thread can be undeleted by the mods

Bart

\

My buggy is just about to come into the shop so progress can begin again. A build thread will start once it's a little further along. Some of the crazy out of the box stuff will just look strange until it comes together, and I would rather avoid having to explain the new ideas I'm trying on this one.

Can't wait for that thread. Your "out of the box" ideas are very cool.

SWALLDOG

REDDMAN!!!!!! freakin love you man! sorry we dident come to you'r b-day bash on saturday. hopfully we can grab some lunch some time.

oh yeah hope ya get the steering situation sorted out! :greg:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Redd-- I was following that thread LOL damn you! Hope it works out... and if not, hang 'em high. ;)

I gotta talk to you sometime this month, I'm in Afghanistan so answer any weird caller ID you get, it's probably me using Skype here. :D And I'm stoked to see your buggy. :D

reddman

Fabber
Well he didn't show up or call Saturday.

Then he texted Sunday to say he would bring them by, he never showed up.

I told him today that it hits the fan tomorrow if we don't see the parts today (Monday).

Lame.

CJ Matt

This all sucks. I remember TC from BHR. He did a lot of the work on my Jeep. I hope he corrects this.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I absolutely love it here, finally a real race shop rather than all the places who are "race" by name only. ;)

Seriously Redd? You really should think things through before posting...

First off, who cares if the guys you work are doing some desert racing? Racing doesn't necessarily equate to a good or successful shop, it just means you race, thats it. Shops that are too heavily into racing don't have time to work on customer's rigs, so it isn't always a positive thing.

Many shops have put their racing efforts on hold or eliminated them due to the current economy. If you guys have the ability to continue racing during this economic downturn, I think thats great, really.

Ya know, I'm sure Ben and I take our racing and accomplishments as seriously as the guys you work for (although you may not fully understand, as you have never competed yourself). So, having someone disrespect the time, effort, and money you've spent to compete doesn't go over real well.

For the record... Ben spent about 7 years competing in UROC, WEROCK, and XRRA. I, Myself competed in UROC for a several years and more recently have been racing in Best In The Desert events during the '08 and '09 season. So, how is that not being involved in offroad racing?

Now, you can attempt to back-peddle all ya want and claim that this wasn't directed at Ben Hanks Racing, but Myself and everyone I know on RME took it as such. The PM's and emails by others is what brought Me to this thread in the first place. To top it off, you used the "winking smiley". Nice touch.

Having that said, what is your issue with BHR? Are you simply a disgruntled ex-employee or is this an attempt to legitimize your current position or shop?

I personally help you out with your personal fab parts and even offer to deliver them to you and then I see posts like this? -_-

Now thats lame.

Sorry for the highjack folks...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I can see that, I'm just saying that I didnt' take it that way, and I've asked both parties in the past about Redd's absence-- and never got the impression that anyone was upset with the other, that's all. :D

Meat_

Banned
...Now, you can attempt to back-peddle all ya want and claim that this wasn't directed at Ben Hanks Racing, but Myself and everyone I know on RME took it as such. The PM's and emails by others is what brought Me to this thread in the first place. To top it off, you used the "winking smiley". Nice touch...

I don't think I've ever met Redd.... but that's how I took his comment. (that it was directed in part at BHR)

reddman

Fabber
Seriously Redd? You really should think things through before posting...

First off, who cares if the guys you work are doing some desert racing? Racing doesn't necessarily equate to a good or successful shop, it just means you race, thats it. Shops that are too heavily into racing don't have time to work on customer's rigs, so it isn't always a positive thing.

Many shops have put their racing efforts on hold or eliminated them due to the current economy. If you guys have the ability to continue racing during this economic downturn, I think thats great, really.

Ya know, I'm sure Ben and I take our racing and accomplishments as seriously as the guys you work for (although you may not fully understand, as you have never competed yourself). So, having someone disrespect the time, effort, and money you've spent to compete doesn't go over real well.

For the record... Ben spent about 7 years competing in UROC, WEROCK, and XRRA. I, Myself competed in UROC for a several years and more recently have been racing in Best In The Desert events during the '08 and '09 season. So, how is that not being involved in offroad racing?

Now, you can attempt to back-peddle all ya want and claim that this wasn't directed at Ben Hanks Racing, but Myself and everyone I know on RME took it as such. The PM's and emails by others is what brought Me to this thread in the first place. To top it off, you used the "winking smiley". Nice touch.

Having that said, what is your issue with BHR? Are you simply a disgruntled ex-employee or is this an attempt to legitimize your current position or shop?

I personally help you out with your personal fab parts and even offer to deliver them to you and then I see posts like this? -_-

Now thats lame.

Sorry for the highjack folks...

I'm sorry Von, the winking smiley was meant to show it was just a friendly jab, I honestly didn't mean offence. You know how something you could say jokingly to someones face could be taken wrong when it's typed, well this is one of those poorly executed jokes. I was in a bit of a rough mood when I typed that, and at that moment, it seemed funnier than insulting. Looking back now I easily see my mistake.

I'm sorry Ben, Von, Matt, Casey, and all of our friends in the 4wd community, for saying that. I know you guys really do have legitimate and impressive racing accomplishments, which kicks the butt off of my nonexistant list of accomplishments (I think the only troph I EVER earned was for a little ski race when I was five!!! :rofl:). Like I said, it really wasn't intended as a serious insult, but clearly it wasn't very well thought out how it could be taken. I'll gladly delete the comments, and you can even call me a homoghey thread deleteter. :)

That said, TC finally brought the parts over Monday. After six months, the saga has ended! I don't feel as much like celebrating now that I realize I pissed off friends (BHR crew) in the proccess, so on that note, I'm going back into RME retirement. :(