Fenns treasure has been found

But adventure we must keep

So hear me all and listen well

Report back with your tale to tell

If you are brave and think real hard

We give you title to the card

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'll play. Between "Tortuga" and "home of Brown" we gotta be talking about Browns Hole, and if we're paddling we're on the green. But I don't have the reference to refiners fire yet.

Reactions: DAA

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I guess since Forest Finn gave some insight I'll do the same.

-There is a real treasure hidden.
-This is intended to be easyish, ie found in a couple days at most.
-UT410 put the idea in my head to do this ON MONDAY! (I've worked almost 40 hours since Monday)
-Kevin, you and only one other are who I have my money on finding it.
-Everything I have written or will write in this thread should be examined for clues.

Go find it!!!

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
CLAIMED!!!!

The "See" refers to the Cyprus High C's, on the school and the mountain. From there we go to Pleasant Green cemetery.
Home of brown, with me "put in" above it:IMG_20200611_200734481_HDR.jpg
Looking up to the rocks:IMG_20200611_200057748_HDR.jpg
Beauty of the view:
IMG_20200611_200135016_HDR.jpg
Looking back at the spire:
IMG_20200611_200140369_HDR.jpg
The stain:
IMG_20200611_200024703_HDR.jpg
The booty
IMG_20200611_200238821_HDR.jpgIMG_20200611_200255436_HDR.jpg
Thanks Josh, that was fun! :cool:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
That's awesome. Carl, you were the other guy we had money on. We figured both of you would just assume I'd stay in Magna so the clues would be easier for you guys.

You left out some parts though:

Did you find the home of Brown?
Kevin was hung up on the refiners fire. You must have figured that out?

The tiny see actually referred to the small retaining pond to east of the cemetery and the larger see referred to the tailings pond to the north, but could have been thought of as the Salt Lake as well. The high see was the Cyprus C on the mountain.

Rereading your post I think you may have misunderstood the home of Brown. Just as you enter the cemetery there is a pretty large plot belonging to the Brown family. Probably 4-5 headstones in it. This was pure coincidence and we got super lucky that we were able to use that line from the original poem, slightly modified to be "above" instead of "below". Above the "home" is just a small two track that you can stand on while figuring out the next clue.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I didn't find the Brown's graves. We figured it was something like that, but when we didn't run across it I thought you must have meant that little brown building. :)

Refiner's fire--the flares at the refineries in NSL? I figured that was to orient us facing East-ish, to get us out the gate.

We were wrong about 2 of the 3 "sees", but got to the right place in the end. Task failed successfully! :D

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Yes, you did great. We knew that going into it not all the clues would be needed. I just hoped someone wouldn't see the "spire" while driving up to the cemetery and skip all that part.

The refiners fire refers to the Kennecott refinery. From the cemetery it's just about over the C mountain. If you face it and turn 90* you'll look right at the rock formation. Then you have to walk around the cemetery fence to get up there.

Originally I found a spot just northwest of the cemetery to hide the booty on google maps. There is a railroad that goes under a road leading up the mountain. I was going to have you walk through the cemetery which drops into a canyon. Then go up the canyon to the rail road and follow it to the over pass. It all looked great from google.
I didn't see the big fence around the cemetery and didn't realize the "small" canyon actually had like 30' cliff walls to it. Then the road and tracks were on Kennecott property so no go. It's too bad too. The poem was much better and smoother. I had to rewrite half of it at the cemetery while we looked for a new place to hide it. Oh well. We had fun.

So, who's up next?!?!?!? I want to find one now. Let's keep this adventure going.