Found a Bike!!!

Caleb

So I'm 99.9% sure I've found my next bike. A 2008 KTM 300XC. Unfortunately, I went on-call for work today so I won't be able to go get it till next weekend. :( I'm pretty excited about it though :D The guy resprung it for his weight (~150 lbs) so I'm not sure if I can ride it as is, but if I can...anyone want to go for a ride next weekend? :greg:

Caleb

I was determined to go with the XC-W, but then after doing more research, everyone was saying the extra ratio is actually deeper, and not taller like a typical wide ratio trans. So the top gear is the same between the XC and XC-W. Plus a lot of guys say the wie ratio gearing is too spread out for good trail riding (big gap between 1-2) and the XC is the preferred trail bike.

So, that broadened my search...but these bikes are still damn hard to find. When they hit the market, they sell in no time. If I was willing to drive to Georgia, there were several though :D

sixstringsteve

Nice! I'm excited to see how you end up liking it. I've heard nothing but great things about those bikes.

if my bike's ready by next saturday, I'll join ya.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Your getting the one from Blackfoot huh.... SCHWEEETTTT that's a nice one!!!! :cool:

Stop by on your way back and we'll break her in :D

Caleb

Yeah, all the others are sold. I'd call the day they sold...on every one of them. The next closest ones I know of are Blanding ($6K for an 09...way over priced) and Henderson, NV.

I thought about stopping somewhere on the way back. It depends on when I go. I think I'm planning on going up Friday after I get off-call (which is at noon), if the guy is available, I'll grab it and head home. However, if he's not, I may end up getting a room for the night and heading back first thing in the AM.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
My neighbor had/has one of those, on consignment at a shop in Idaho (I thought it was Idaho Falls). If you don't end up getting that one and are still interested I will hook you up with his #.

Caleb

My neighbor had/has one of those, on consignment at a shop in Idaho (I thought it was Idaho Falls). If you don't end up getting that one and are still interested I will hook you up with his #.
Do you know what year and how much your neighbor wants? Thanks

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Why the change? You had that CRF looking real nice, and it was setup to be plated. Are you wanting a lighter, off-road only bike this time around?

Caleb

Why the change? You had that CRF looking real nice, and it was setup to be plated. Are you wanting a lighter, off-road only bike this time around?
My CRF was plated, I'll plate this bike too. My on-road riding is so limited that it's more of a nice-ity than anything (I don't commute with it, never ride it to the trail, etc but I do jump on and off roads when connecting trails). Yeah, it's mostly just to try something different. I've never owned a 2 stroke, and the last time I rode one was probably 20 years ago. So I'll give it a try, if I don't like it, I can easily sell and buy another 4 stroke. Or, once our adoption is done, I'll just add a 4 stroke to the stable :p

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Well for better or worse it couldn't be any more different than the CRF :hickey:

They sure are getting popular these days. I couldn't make mine do anything I wanted it to and almost dropped back out of the sport because of it :ugh: That said I'd really like to try an 05 and newer supposedly they went from couch on two wheels to competitive trail bike around that point in time lol :rofl: