Frankenstien had a Heart attack, need a motor rebuild

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
My Jeep has lost it's motor and I need it rebuilt. I need to know of what shops out there do good work for a person on a budget. The plan is:

Rebuild Engine, Trans, T-Case
put a turbokit on the Engine
4-1 kit in the T-Case
ARB in front axle

The motor is a 4.3 Vortec from a 94 Jimmy

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Andrew

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
My Jeep has lost it's motor and I need it rebuilt. I need to know of what shops out there do good work for a person on a budget. The plan is:

Rebuild Engine, Trans, T-Case
put a turbokit on the Engine
4-1 kit in the T-Case
ARB in front axle

The motor is a 4.3 Vortec from a 94 Jimmy

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Andrew

If you get over to Logan much, I had great luck (15 years ago :rolleyes: ) with Baker Machine. Vern Smith in Tremonton builds B!TCHIN' big blocks if you can round him up. I'm sure he'd cover you in your little 4.3L.

1993yj

About 10 years ago I had the guys at Kar Klinic rebuild my 4.0L. They used to build engines for my uncle when he raced out at Bonneville Raceway (now Rocky Mountain Raceway), and he suggested them. I hydrolocked it and when one of the piston rods snapped it blew a hole in the side of my block. The welded up the block, bored out the pistions .060, ported and polished, balanced and blueprinted it. I pulled it myself, stripped it down and took the block and head into them. It took them a few weeks, but it is a much nicer engine now. I honestly dont know if they are still around, but it was a good price and great quality. They were in Salt Lake.

For tranny and probably t-case, I would go to Transmissions Limited on State and about 9200 S. They have done a few trannys for my family. Nice guys and fair prices, but great work.

As for the axle, Six States is a popular choice on the board for ARB installs.

It sounds like you were maybe thinking getting everything done at one place, and maybe you can, but there are certain places that are pros at one thing, and maybe not at the others. I would personally take the time to go to different places if it meant better quality. ALthough there is probably a place out there that would do an amazing job on everything for you, I just dont know what that place would be.

Last edited: