Froze engine is just the tip of the iceBERG! (pic heavy)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
The motor is the expensive part and once the motor is done you will have a nice reliable fun bike. The cosmetics and suspension are things you can do over time and with your back, you won't be pounding the trails too hard anyway so maybe some seals and verify you have the right amount of oil in them.

Yeah I'm thinking so. The nice part is the suspension is all WP and parts/upgrades are easy to get. Wheels etc are same as KTM as well :cool:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Why don't all bikes have this?! Translucent tank with fuel level indicator---sweet :greg: It's in liters but that's ok.

IMG_4183_zpsewy8xx8o.jpg

Exhaust is looking good.

IMG_4189_zpsvn86s69s.jpg

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Well this party really died :-\

I could have had it running and been within my budget of ~$2,000, but there were a LOT of engine updates/upgrades this model did not have that came highly--highly recommended from the guys on the Husaberg forum. To get it where I wanted it and make it reliable the cost far exceeded the worth of the bike and I would be stuck with the infamous SEM ignition (I swore I'd never buy another bike with one of those).

The day I bought the Berg a dude text me and said if I loose interest to let him know. Well I lost interest and sold it to him. Hard decision to make it was a really fun project--very cool bike but in the end I think I did the right thing.

I'm kinda thinking one of these days I should probably buy a new orange or white bike and just ride the stupid thing :eek:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
:rofl: Better to cut your losses now than to figure it all out after you've dumped thousands into it!

I think your last sentence sums it up nicely... I know you like big bore power, KTM 500's are getting pretty cheap these days. You can find a '12-13 around $5k.