FS: 2000 Tacoma

jentzschman

FS: 2000 Tacoma... SOLD

Finally bought a new Tacoma and its time to let the legend go :)

This has been a fantastic truck and it will be hard to see her go. I have had so many awesome adventures with many of you guys with this truck.

Ok, the details:

2000 Tacoma SR5 Off Road 5 speed (214,093 miles) Asking $3000 Located in Sandy, Ut
KSL link: https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3000026
A few details:
-OME all around (881 springs up front Dakar pack in rear with nito charger sport shocks and Timbren bumps) I will also throw in OME 882 springs
-Budbuilt front and t-case skids (t-case not currently installed) as well as rear e-locker skid.
-Has LTX M/S rubber on now which are well worn but might have a little life left (love these damn tires!). I will throw in my BFG Mud's (33x10.50r15) that have decent life left.
-Power windows work as well as power locks.
-A/C works but compressor is loud when it kicks on but air is cold
-4x4 works
-Locker works
-Timing belt and water pump were replaced a few years back as well as the pulleys. (trying to find the invoice for the exact date and miles but I assure you it was done)
-Front brake pads replaced last month by myself
-Also will throw in Smitybuilt XRC9 winch. One bolt broke off when removing but its yours if you want it.

Windshield does need to be replaced.

Conttact Trevor @ 801-six seven four 477 four
20160615_173455.jpg
20160615_173606.jpg
20160615_173804.jpg
20160615_173839.jpg

KSL link: https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3000026

Last edited:

jentzschman

Reason I am asking this price is it has seen some miles. Been through most of Moab and I do not want to cheat the buyer. Exterior is in need of some good TLC :)

jentzschman

Wow great price!

The new tacomas are way amazing, I'm loving mine

Did you get the auto or 6 speed? If the auto, have you experienced any hunting with the shifting? Also if you have the auto, check the tranny fluid. There have been a plethora of people saying they have been up to 1.5 qt low.

sixstringsteve

Wow, that was an amazing price! Sad to see it go, I have some great memories with that truck. I'm excited for the memories to come in the new truck.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I heard that from a number of others. I am right at 6' and do not find it too bad. What is your complaint with it? Just curious if it is like the others I have heard.

I'm 6'3 my head is so close to the ceiling that what little hair I have left rubs on the ceiling, which I also found makes my ability to see out of the rig horrible, since my eye line is near the top of the doors. I wanted to love the new tacoma, and that was one of my biggest gripes of the second gen I owned briefly. I was hoping toyota would address it and make the seating position a little more truck like. Ohh well, I'll just have to hope my first gen holds together for a lot of years.

They are sweet trucks, wish they were comfortable for me to be in. Guess i'm just destined to drive full sizes

Last edited:

jentzschman

I'm 6'3 my head is so close to the ceiling that what little hair I have left rubs on the ceiling, which I also found makes my ability to see out of the rig horrible, since my eye line is near the top of the doors. I wanted to love the new tacoma, and that was one of my biggest gripes of the second gen I owned briefly. I was hoping toyota would address it and make the seating position a little more truck like. Ohh well, I'll just have to hope my first gen holds together for a lot of years.

They are sweet trucks, wish they were comfortable for me to be in. Guess i'm just destined to drive full sizes

Bummer. I wonder why Toyota went that why with no adjustability. I will bet in a year or two they change that if they want to keep market share.

jentzschman

Wow, that was an amazing price! Sad to see it go, I have some great memories with that truck. I'm excited for the memories to come in the new truck.

I was sad to see it go indeed, but the new truck is so much better in every way. I can't wait to get it off road to some of the areas we have been to see how she does. I took a drive up the Nebo loop and it was a very nice ride and took the hills with ease.

Tonkaman

Did you get the auto or 6 speed? If the auto, have you experienced any hunting with the shifting? Also if you have the auto, check the tranny fluid. There have been a plethora of people saying they have been up to 1.5 qt low.

I got an automatic. It does search for gears a bit but you can't really notice it unless your listening to for it. Mine has nearly 6k miles on it now and seems to be less noticeable.