Fuel Probs

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Anyone have any idea why there'd be fuel gushing from what looks like the backside of the fuel filter? not a trickle either... i mean GUSH!:ugh:

-Jason

skahtul

Is this an "in-line" fuel filter for fuel injection? Or is it up by the motor? If the hoses are rubber, I would say they are leaking or the clamps are loose. If they are all steel lines, take them off and re-seat them (and might as well replace the fuel filter).

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i know there's countless guys on here with 22re's and lots of experience... share the weath damn it! ;)

-Jason

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
skahtul said:
Is this an "in-line" fuel filter for fuel injection? Or is it up by the motor? If the hoses are rubber, I would say they are leaking or the clamps are loose. If they are all steel lines, take them off and re-seat them (and might as well replace the fuel filter).

oh... hey... thanks for posting up...

it's EFI, and the filter is actually bolted to the block, right under the EFI unit, and just above the starter motor... all rubber hoses too... i checked the best i could all the hoses and bolts... nothing to raise a red flag... when the engine cranks, loads of gas squirts out from the back of the filter... almost as though there's a punture, or crack... a guy on the Marlin board mentioned a rolled seam that might have cracked...

:confused:

-Jason

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Think that'll make for a decent fuel leak?? It's 1:30am and i just barely got done replacing the fuel filter. And... just as i thought, there was definately a hole on the other side of the filter where i couldn't see, or be 100% sure of. The point where the bracket is welded to the filter itself ripped off, and took the side of the filter with it. Thus, making my 4runner a great candidate for a possible fire ball....

From what i can tell, i think it even runs stronger.(but i only drove it half a block)

-Jason

Attachments

• fuelpumphole1.jpeg
    fuelpumphole1.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 5
  • fuelpumphole2.jpeg
    fuelpumphole2.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: