Gas mileage for a tj

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
4.0L 5 spd. Runnin 33's. Just normal everyday driving. I noticed that I had only gone about 60 mile before I was at 1/2 a tank. I did do alittle idleing. Most of the miles were on the freeway under 2,000 RPM's. Could be the gage. I was on "E" below the red and only put in 15 gallons. Help please. This J**P thing is all so new to me. :p :cool:

ShortShaft

user
Vendor
That sounds somewhat normal. I assume that you have stock gears- 3.73?

My TJ gets around 200 miles to the tank, I have a 4.0, auto, 3.73's and 37"s.

Nixter

on the road again...
I have the same, but with 33's and get about the same. It's not a honda, but then again, a honda can't drive through a 2 foot snow bank. :D

asau

SmokinCamel said:
Ok cool. Thanks guys for the input.

If you regear your axles that will help with the mileage, also during the cold months the mileage on my jepp went WAY down, and during warm months it went back to normal. so don't worry, and the gauge is probably correct

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
you are driving a vehicle with about 300% more engine displacement than your zuk...gas gauges actually move with our jeeps dude...I know, it took a while for me to get used to also!! ;)

UTAH

After my mods (see sig) I'm lucky to get 14 to 15 MPG in 50/50 city/highway driving. :eek: :D

'Could be worse, my D90 Rover is set up the same way as the Ruby and averages 12 MPG and only has a 15 gallon tank.

Bill :)