Gas Prices

R

RockinRedneck

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip
Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It wasmore of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.69 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now,don't wimp out
on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least
ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!! Again, all you hav! e to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all! (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.) :) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK!

V-DAWG

someday
So who is going to notify exxon we are doing this? I don't think there will be that big of an impact to be honest.

What about all the fuel cards? Should I pay for my own gas somewhere else even though my company uses exxon?

What if I send it to 10 people, and 9 of the 10 send it back to me? How quick will it reach 3 million then?

Who in particular should we buy gas from? Name particular stations, not big companies, because I don't want to have to figure it out on my own.

I think I am a little pessimistic with all of these "scams" ;)

StrobeNGH

no user title
It is a fair theory, but that is all it is . . . a theory.
There is NO WAY you are going to get that many people to stop buying from Exxon and Mobile . . . Besides, if you really want to hurt someone, go after Mobile, and other gas companies owned by OPEC nations, not Exxon.

It's easy to think that Exxon and the other gas companies are doing fantastically well b/c they are gouging us . . . and I don't dispute that there is some opportunism going on, but the price of oil is not the major factor in bringing gas up again!

We don't have enough refining capacity, and we have mandated the addition of expensive, inefficient, and damaging additives (ethanol) which has supply problems of its own.

Gas prices spiked after Katrina because supply couldn't keep up with demand. It's that simple.

Now, we are entering the summer months, when ethanol is mandated, and ethanol is having the same effect on prices that Katrina did last year: ethanol is produced by ONE company, ADM. ADM does NOT have the capacity to supply the nation, but congress, in its infinite wisdom (read because they were paid off by lobbyists) decided that ethanol would be added to gas ACROSS THE NATION instead of states in the midwest, where ethanol is produced and easily accessible.

If you want to do something useful, stop spamming everyone you know with idealistic dribble, and start calling your senator and congressman, and tell them to let us build more oil refineries, more nuke power plants, and to kill the mandated addition of ethanol!!!

That would do some good to lower gas prices. 'Boycotting' oil companies will do you no good.

It's like being robbed by 4 guys, and only going after the driver of the getaway car. Sure the driver is complicit in the crime, but there are others who are more responsible.

R

RockinRedneck

Hey Back-off I Just Copied This I Didnt Make This Up. Just Thought Somepeople Would Like To Know.

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
How about..... stop driving so much? Yeah I know its difficult but if you cut your miles driven per year by a couple thousand, you will save some $$$ at the pumps

Caleb

I just heard something interesting tonight on talk radio...if every person, train, bus, etc in america quit using gas for one full year, it would only save 10% of the total world consumption...do you really think ANY company is going to be traumatized by a 2%-4% loss? (prolly even less than that considering 10% divided by their share of the market).

69utjeeper

Sticker Man
Wow Quite interesting on how somone brings up something here on the board and gets bashed, flamed whatever you want to call it, shure makes me want to post here, isnt the idea of these forums to bring people together, that share a common interest? I dunno just thought I should say something as Rockin was just trying to make people aware.

My.o2

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
69utjeeper said:
Wow Quite interesting on how somone brings up something here on the board and gets bashed, flamed whatever you want to call it, shure makes me want to post here, isnt the idea of these forums to bring people together, that share a common interest? I dunno just thought I should say something as Rockin was just trying to make people aware.

My.o2

I've seen that e-mail for the past 5 or 6 years. I just ignored it until now.....

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
69utjeeper said:

My.o2

:rofl:

I don't seem him getting flamed by any means, just people replying with their honest feelings about the subject. If you choose to be offended by what you've witnessed, feel free. You choose what you get out of this place.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I caught something on TV the other day. I don't watch the O'reilly factor but this caught my attention.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,192263,00.html

Specifically this:

The announcement that ExxonMobil will pay its retired CEO Lee Raymond a $400 million package was really the kicker. That obscene payout will be passed along to us. ExxonMobil has insulted its customers once again. Does ExxonMobil remember the French revolution? There is a limit to what the public will accept even in a capitalistic society. When regular folks get hurt to pay some fat cat $400 million, the line has been crossed.

Good point, IMO.

69utjeeper

Sticker Man
Yea I see, good coments, I Ignore them as well, Ignore the key word, I dont belive these e-mails will change my fuel prices tomorrow, so I usually dont reply to them. anyways. thanks for the reply greg

69utjeeper

Sticker Man
some people are posting away to try and get enough awareness of how bad the gouging is and it sucks so I can see why these e-mails and stuff are going around the forums and crap like that, I can also see writing your congressman, ( as I have) the unfortunate thing is i dont have they money to pay them off like the big Oil companies do!!! ya know what I mean... seem we are grasping at straws sometimes..

Last edited:

Bleeding_raptor

Bloody Mess
as far as I can tell people are going to keep complaining as they pay for the gas they are putting in their car or truck. I will admit that I complain about it too. However I know that I am personally going to keep using whatever means necessary to get to and from places. I do not believe that my boycotting a certain oil company is going to effect things enough to lower prices. I will (unless i am in dire need) only buy gas from sinclair. I do this because it is all pumped from wells in Wyoming and the prices at sinclair are the same as they are at other places. I am not saying that you have no right to complain or voice your opinion. since right now I am voicing mine. I know that if I have to go somewhere under 2 miles I will walk. I will continue to pay the price for gas until I cannot afford it or until somthing better and easier comes along. if I could afford to buy a hybrid engine for my truck that was as powerful as anything else i would want for my truck I would. but until then I am going to stay with what I have. and keep dealing with it.

bash me if you want I would like to hear what people have to say about my comments.