Gear Vendor Opinions.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I have never ran one but I know people that have. Most of them say they wished they just upgraded to a newer Trans with an over drive, But I dont know what kind of truck you have so I cant really tell you the pros and cons of your particular set up

1adam12

THE BEAST
I had one in my 96 and loved it. But what are you wanting from it? It won't save you fuel and if your only pulling your Toyota then you won't really need it. If you plan towing heavy it is great.

Chase39

Well i'll be doing a lot of traveling at the beginning of the year for the Amsoil Arenacross series. I'll be pulling about 12,000 lbs Almost every weekend for 8 races which is about 16,000 miles. I'm trying to get this truck ready to do so.
It was an option to save life on the tranny. Adam when you weren't pulling a trailer, it didnt help out your economy?

1adam12

THE BEAST
I only had one chance to run empty on the highway and I got 18mpg. That included parleys canyon. I also had 410 R&P gears. The guy who built my tranny tolde not to run it in double overdrive while towing. He said it puts to much stress on the factory of gear. But pulling in 3rd gear with the gear vendor on was sweet. 70 mph @2500 rpm and it would hold. I only had a mild chip and with an inter cooler I never got hot. With the new truck I am missing the gear vendor I feel like I'm over working the truck at times. Irony think I am but pulling a hill at 3000 rpm when you are used to 2500 feels that way. For the price of the vendor you can do a lot of performance mods but then you will be watching your egts a lot. It does cut down on shifting helping the tranny. What gears do you have?