gearing for d30 ZJ

TremorGTO

93 ZJ
i just busted my rear d35 last night at little moab. im planing on replacing it wtih either a d44,d60, or a ford 8.8. My question is, what gearing do i have in my d30 up front? so that i can find the right axle with the correct gearing in it. its a 93 ZJ AWD.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Its all about tire size and how you intend to use it. If your shooting for a 33/35" tire go for 4.56. But then again lot of people will tell you to skip doing anything to your D30 and replace it as well.

morty

Head full of rocks
TremorGTO said:
i just busted my rear d35 last night at little moab. im planing on replacing it wtih either a d44,d60, or a ford 8.8. My question is, what gearing do i have in my d30 up front? so that i can find the right axle with the correct gearing in it. its a 93 ZJ AWD.

There's a tag bolted to the front cover that has all the info on it.

1BadZJ

UNI-Bomber
93 Zj

I have a 93 ZJ with V-8, d30 in front and d35 in rear with 3.73 gears. I you need to your local Jeep dealership should be able to look that up for you by your VIN #.

95jeepgrndchke

1BadZJ said:
I have a 93 ZJ with V-8, d30 in front and d35 in rear with 3.73 gears. I you need to your local Jeep dealership should be able to look that up for you by your VIN #.
You should be able to figure it out by yourself in 5 min