Geocaching?

Green Leader

So I guess I am behind the times on this concept. I had heard about this years ago but never really checked into it. I took a moment to find out about it and it seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Has anyone ever done this before?

Chevycrew

Its a lot of fun. If you have a sneak around in the dark without getting caught wild side, the caches in town are a blast.

I need to do it more, currently only use my gps for hunting and hiking. I orginally bought it for geocaching.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I went on a quick, nearby run with a friend of mine last time I was in upstate NY. Tiny little magnet we had to find hidden on a statue. Pretty fun. :D

U

unltd1

We took my kids to Camp Floyd for one of their geocaching family days. It was fun for my 8 year old. My 5 year old could have cared less and practically threw herself on the ground for Goat's attention.

The ladies love him.

Anyway, it was a good time, but I don't think we really did a true geocaching search. Everything was already programmed into the machine, and we just followed it. There was no longitue, latitude nonsense. It was probably a good way to break into it.

ANYTHING to get outside in the sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go try it.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Geocaching was the primary reason I bought my Jeep 2 years ago. The kids love getting out and "Treasure Hunting". We have not done much of it in the last year, but I always try to do one when I travel, so that I can mark it on the map in my profile. So far New Zealand is the farthest from home that I have done a geocache.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Is there anything further from Utah than New Zealand?
I guess it all depends on what direction you are going:D. When I was in Puerto Rico last May, I could not do one there, since the closest one to where we were staying was about 5 miles away and we did not have a car.

I think one of the things I like best about geocaching is that it gets you out to areas you probably would not go other wise or you learn some interesting things about an area. There are some interesting caches within Disneyland.

Darwin

GREASE MONKEY
i geocache all the time. its pretty fun. also it takes you to all kinds of new places. i've got a few hidden around draper and st george

Grim

our family has a great time geocaching, we are actually heading out west this weekend to do a little

Green Leader

Well I wasn't expecting this many people to be doing this on here. I am glad I brought it up. Does anyone have a GPS unit that they would suggest. Obviously I would want one for Jeepin, but what about carrying it around? Something that works in car as well as out of it. Also ease of use. So whatever you have for suggestions would be great.

Caleb

I find it kind of interesting that I used to do this exact same thing, but with a compass and map :D How many people could find their way with a compass :p