Gojira - Do It All Ford F250

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
We unloaded 3 trucks in exchange for one, my '15 Dodge Ram Cummins 3500, the wife's problematic '15 EcoBoost F150 and my rescued, project '69 Chevy K20... for a new 2024 Ford F250 Lariat with the 7.3 Godzilla that we purchased in Spanish Fork, UT.

@Hickey is personally responsible for this, he towed both our Jeep/Buggies back from the PNW with his Godzilla-powered F350 with a borrowed 40' gooseneck from @Agility Customs pushing the 7.3 hard, but it didn't flinch with the load. That's enough of a selling point for me!

FB_IMG_1718569351187-L.jpg

I've had my share of diesel/turbo issues, the last damn Dodge I owned had 4 turbos in one year. (ATS can't build a reliable turbo to save their lives :rolleyes: ) A friend spent $24k on DEF problems with his newer 6.7 PowerStroke.... and our F150 overheated, de-rated and almost killed itself trying to tow a 22' camp trailer a couple years ago. Jeremy and I talk often about vehicles and I agree with his line of thinking.... no diesel, no DEF, no EGR & carbon problems, no turbos, etc. Just a massive, simple and beefy 7.3l normally-aspirated, pushrod Godzilla engine making nearly 500 ft/lbs of torque.

Gojira.... that's the Japanese name for Godzilla. ;) This will be my wifes DD, my weekend tow rig and our camper-hauler, Baja explorer, vacation rig. We wanted something with a warranty, something reliable. I'm simply tired of vehicle issues and breakdowns.

MPG has been on our mind with the massive Godzilla underhood, the 3.5 EB F150 averaged 15 MPG unloaded and the Godzilla is more than 2x the displacement. We bought the truck in Spanish Fork and drove it back to Grand Jct, CO resetting the MPG when we left. We ended up with 15.5 MPG on that trip.... then we took a trip to Delta, UT from GJ and back.... averaging 15.2 MPG round trip, with the cruise set to 75-78 MPH on I70. With the 34 gallon tank, we're seeing 450 miles or so, hoping that it'll increase a little as the engine breaks in. But still, that MPG is inline with the F150 it replaced, so that's awesome! The F150 had a bigger tank and got 600 miles out of a tank of gas, which was really nice.

The interior is nice, massive 12" screen with a great GPS, the leather seats are super comfortable, heated & cooled seats, it also has the FX4 package with 3.73 gears and a rear locker. The wife was spoiled by her last truck and it's hard to go back from that, so... happy wife, happy life. We're quite happy with the purchase so far, can't wait to tow with it and take it on bigger adventures!

20240613_135203-X2.jpg

20240614_142024-X2.jpg

20240614_142057-X2.jpg

It even fits in our 1965 tiny garage!

20240615_190329-X2.jpg

Greg

Admin
Worth mentioning, we bought this truck at Tim Dahle Ford in Spanish Fork. They have good prices and are "home of the lifetime warranty". Here's my experience and review of the interaction...

They were difficult to work with when we decided to buy and mentioned how much cash we wanted to put down. They wouldn't let us put all the cash we bought with us down on the truck, making us finance more than we had planned. They make money on the financing, so we'll be refinancing ASAP.

Then, after making the deal we learn that the "lifetime warranty" doesn't apply to the Super Duty and they really laid on the pressure to sell us on an additional, 100k mile extended warranty. Not a lifetime warranty, by any means.

I don't recommend Tim Dahle Ford, too much bait & switch BS. Had I known this up front, I wouldn't have bought from them.

STAG

On my grind
Worth mentioning, we bought this truck at Tim Dahle Ford in Spanish Fork. They have good prices and are "home of the lifetime warranty".

They were difficult to work with when we decided to buy and mentioned how much cash we wanted to put down. They wouldn't let us put all the cash we bought with us down on the truck, making us finance more than we had planned. They make money on the financing, so we'll be refinancing ASAP.

Then, after making the deal we learn that the "lifetime warranty" doesn't apply to the Super Duty and they really laid on the pressure to sell us on an additional, 100k mile extended warranty. Not a lifetime warranty, by any means.

I don't recommend Tim Dahle Ford, too much bait & switch BS. Had I known this up front, I wouldn't have bought from them.
I bought my ‘19 F250 Powerstroke from there too. My “lifetime warranty” did apply to my truck. However just shy of a year later I told them to shove it up their butt when they told me that in order to keep the warranty, I needed to take it in for their “50k mile service” (I bought it at 47k miles) and I asked how much that was and they said $1,300.

$1,300 for some fluid changes.

Greg

Admin
I bought my ‘19 F250 Powerstroke from there too. My “lifetime warranty” did apply to my truck. However just shy of a year later I told them to shove it up their butt when they told me that in order to keep the warranty, I needed to take it in for their “50k mile service” (I bought it at 47k miles) and I asked how much that was and they said $1,300.

$1,300 for some fluid changes.

Crazy bullshit, sounds like I dodged a bullet! I asked about the particulars of the lifetime warranty, they made it sound pretty easy to manage, as you'd expect.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
We had originally ordered an F650 with the Godzilla motor. Ford recalled the truck and we rush built an F600, but could only find it in the power stroke.
I am quite sure we will still be ordering another f650 in the near future. But now I’m torn between having consistency in the trucks, or getting the gas I originally wanted.
I hope your truck is everything you want it to be!

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Worth mentioning, we bought this truck at Tim Dahle Ford in Spanish Fork. They have good prices and are "home of the lifetime warranty".

Tim Dahle Nissan screwed my sister over, super shady. Thanks for the report, always important to get the word out so bad behavior has consequences.

Greg

Admin
Being brand new, I don't have big plans for mods... we will probably leave it stock for quite awhile. It'll get some small mods, tint the front windows, a stubby antenna since it hits the garage pulling in/out. A spray in bed liner and tonneau cover would be nice for protecting the bed and helping add a little security. That should be it for awhile.

Down the road, I'd like to upgrade shocks to something with adjustable dampening and larger 2.5" bodies. A bit more control and stability while towing would be a valuable improvement.

With a big thirsty V8 that will be towing, the want for a larger gas tank is real... I don't want to have range anxiety if we're towing and getting 8-10 MPG with a camper in the bed and Jeep on a trailer behind us. Transfer Flow makes a massive 58 gallon aluminum replacement gas tank for these trucks, it's very expensive though. While towing and guessing a worst of 8 MPG you'd still have 450-460 miles out of a tank of gas. - https://www.transferflow.com/58-gal...zxSa5xtdIquMhdIukM_aem_BYGA1G2_XCUpNLXTspUNBw

My wife doesn't care for the factory wheels and tires... on her F150 we added black Method Wheels & 285 BFG AT's. I really don't want a larger tire on the F250, dropping MPG and effecting how well it pulls a load and well as making it a tighter fit pulling into the 7' tall garage. Maybe down the road we'll add some nice aftermarket wheels and better tires.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Being brand new, I don't have big plans for mods... we will probably leave it stock for quite awhile. It'll get some small mods, tint the front windows, a stubby antenna since it hits the garage pulling in/out. A spray in bed liner and tonneau cover would be nice for protecting the bed and helping add a little security. That should be it for awhile.

Down the road, I'd like to upgrade shocks to something with adjustable dampening and larger 2.5" bodies. A bit more control and stability while towing would be a valuable improvement.

With a big thirsty V8 that will be towing, the want for a larger gas tank is real... I don't want to have range anxiety if we're towing and getting 8-10 MPG with a camper in the bed and Jeep on a trailer behind us. Transfer Flow makes a massive 58 gallon aluminum replacement gas tank for these trucks, it's very expensive though. While towing and guessing a worst of 8 MPG you'd still have 450-460 miles out of a tank of gas. - https://www.transferflow.com/58-gal...zxSa5xtdIquMhdIukM_aem_BYGA1G2_XCUpNLXTspUNBw

My wife doesn't care for the factory wheels and tires... on her F150 we added black Method Wheels & 285 BFG AT's. I really don't want a larger tire on the F250, dropping MPG and effecting how well it pulls a load and well as making it a tighter fit pulling into the 7' tall garage. Maybe down the road we'll add some nice aftermarket wheels and better tires.
The shocks do suck on these trucks. I’d really like something from Accutune to solve that.

Your particular wheels are meh, but I do like the previous generation Super Duty wheels. They came in several different coatings such as silver (like mine), chrome, and black on the Tremor. Same wheels, just different coatings.

Greg

Admin
The shocks do suck on these trucks. I’d really like something from Accutune to solve that.

Your particular wheels are meh, but I do like the previous generation Super Duty wheels. They came in several different coatings such as silver (like mine), chrome, and black on the Tremor. Same wheels, just different coatings.

Yeah, I noticed the factory shocks are lacking. A set of 2 5" Accutune Kings would be killer!!

I could go for Black Tremor wheels, they would be sweet! I don't mind good looking factory wheels... I must be getting old. 😄

Wait so I’m having a hard time understanding this correctly…. Greg.. bought a Ford? On purpose? 😐

Haha jk beautiful pickup!

Well.... Ford finally decided to reverse engineer a LS engine and make it bigger than the LS7, so it wasn't a hard selling point. 😉 Big, pushrod engines are rad. No funky modular engine, cam phaser issues.

Plus, Catherine is a Ford truck girl... her first vehicle was a Ford Ranger, next Ford was the F150, which was very nice inside. Since she'll be spending more time driving it than me, it was her choice.

Greg

Admin
Congrats.

I don't know if I should mention it, but have they fixed the lifter issues on these?

I believe it was a issue with some 2020 7.3 trucks affected, the supplier had some QC problems effecting Ford, GM & Dodge lifters. I'm not expecting any lifter issues with this truck.