Gojira - Do It All Ford F250

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Congrats.

I don't know if I should mention it, but have they fixed the lifter issues on these?
As far as I’ve read about it, it was an early model materials issue with motors that had excessive idle. LS and Mopar had the same issue. The lifters were galling. Again, this was an early model issue that only showed itself on motors that had excessive idle time. Airport shuttle type vehicles.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My work group has a few F550's and another friend has a F350 Godzilla that have had spark plug issues (broken insulators) and burned spark plug wires that have created misfires when the truck is loaded heavy and pushed hard. I've used spark plug boot protectors on other engines in the past, sounds like they're a needed addition for a Godzilla.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
My work group has a few F550's and another friend has a F350 Godzilla that have had spark plug issues (broken insulators) and burned spark plug wires that have created misfires when the truck is loaded heavy and pushed hard. I've used spark plug boot protectors on other engines in the past, sounds like they're a needed addition for a Godzilla.

I know this was especially a problem on the E-series cutaway vans.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
I've read about some of the 7.3's having engine issues with metal in the oil and the trucks needing an engine replacement. Hopefully it was just something limited to a small population. That truck/engine sounds great for doing everything you need it to do

1969honda

Supporting Member
We've had zero issues at work with our two godzilla motors. They get idled, ran hard and put away wet regularly by the journeyman and apprentices. I think you made a great choice Greg. I was actually talking to a buddy about getting the same setup for his family (toyota guy). He doesn't pull often enough or heavy enough to really need a diesel, but wants a bigger truck to fit the whole family and pull the occasional skidsteer/tractor/dump trailer with plans to upgrade to a 5th wheel toy hauler/camper in the near future.

I love diesels, and I'm a Chevy guy, but from what I've seen these trucks go thru at work I wouldn't hesitate to buy the Ford 6.7 or the 7.3.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks great, congrats! Hope you keep this updated with pros and cons.

Was there any room negotiating the price or is demand still high enough to sell at and above sticker?

I will, I don't mind sharing pros and cons.

So far my wife doesn't care for the ride after hours on the freeway. We talked about how it would be stiffer than her F150, but I don't think she was expecting a 3/4 ton truck ride. The F150 on Falcons was sporty, it rode almost like a car.

We paid about $4500 under MSRP. I get a supplier discount with UP, since we haul vehicles for Ford. It's the 'X Plan' pricing and their price was within $100 of that. I feel like we could have negotiated another $1-2k more, but they did us OK on our trade... (the F150) so we took the deal.