Good site for finding .22lr ammo

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I have been shooting a bunch of .22 lr recently and had been using the site gunbot to find them, but I don't sit at a desk all day to watch it and you have to be pretty quick, within a minute or 2 to get anything. Even if you were able to get some, shipping usually made it a not so good deal. I used to get all my stuff local at walmart in the super early mornings, but even that had dried up the last couple months. Then I found wikiarms. Its like gunbot, but it sets up email alerts for prices. So at least I get a notification to go to the computer or use my phone. But I still couldn't get around the shipping deal, and wanted to stick to my .04 to .07 a round price. Cabela's does a ton of 22lr ammo and does free shipping to any local store. So in the last 2 weeks I have been about to get about 4000 rounds without any hassle. You can usually only get one box of the same product the same day, but with free shipping it doesn't matter. Thought I would share since I was pretty full up

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Yes it usually takes a week or a little more to get there. Then they hold your order for 2 weeks

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Cool. That beats holding my nose as I walk through the West Valley Walmart hoping against hope that they might have a single 50 round box that they'll sell me. :)

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
use the wikiarms.com, sign up for the email alerts for 22lr, set your price etc. I only buy the cabelas alert ones which link through slickguns.com, which are about 2/3 of the cheap ones I get. You have to buy online, they don't have any at the physical lehi store. When it comes down to choose shipping, choose ship to store. You still pay tax etc, but no shipping I have been getting 500 round bricks for between 25- 29 dollars out the door

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Just got my first notification through cabelas. $.05/round, hopped on 25 minutes after I received the email and it was out of stock :(

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
gotta still be decently fast, within a couple minutes. I picked up some remingtons at .04 last week

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I just set up a notification on my phone so it comes in loud and clear ;) I'm excited to be able to shoot 22 again. I haven't shot in like 2 years b/c I didn't want to deplete my stash!

sixstringsteve

I haven't shot in like 2 years b/c I didn't want to deplete my stash!

Same here, only I don't have much of a stash. I'm finding that if I wait a minute or two on these notifications, they're already out of stock. I've tried to jump on 4 different deals in the past few days, and they were all out of stock by the time I got to my shopping cart.

chans

It takes about 4 or 5 times trying before I am successful at Cabela's using wikiarms. The email goes right to my phone and instantly adds it to my cart but most the time is says it is no longer in stock because they sell out before I finish the check out. That said I did get the 2 boxes which is all I need after 2 weeks since they show up almost daily for Cabela's. A word of warning though, I ordered one box and a holster and waited for the seconds box before I went to pick it up since they hold it for 2 weeks. I went to the store the day after the newest box arrived and the person behind the counter gave it to his friend I think because they told me I had already picked it up. After a long argument they said it was given to somebody else and 3 days later when they finally returned it to the store it was opened and they took a bunch of rounds out of it.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Kiel = :bow:

Just scored 3 500rd boxes for $86.45 shipped. SO excited to shoot .22lr again!!!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Nice Ben, I missed some 1000 round boxes yesterday, I couldn't get inside fast enough. But at least the system works

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Was finally able to order fast enough from cabelas at 6 cents a round. I was really starting to get frustrated because most sites by the time I even click the link they were sold out.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Was finally able to order fast enough from cabelas at 6 cents a round. I was really starting to get frustrated because most sites by the time I even click the link they were sold out.

I just got that one too!

The bad news about yesterday's order:

Our site erred yesterday afternoon and showed .22LR Ammo in stock. Unfortunately we have never had that ammo and have no eta. All charges will be credited back to your account, and your order has been cancelled. Sorry for the false alarm.