good tires???

Brett

Meat-Hippy
cuban b said:
Don't go with All terrains if you want rock performance. You can't go wrong with BFG mud terrains or MTR's. My MTR's seem to be quieter, and seem to wear a little better on road than my BFG's.

MTR's quieter than BFG AT's??? :ugh:

lilsamiman

Stupid TV, be more funny!
I got some wild country wildcats from Les Schwab. 235's ran about 100 a pop. Love em, quiet, but awesome in mud, snow, rain, gravel, dirt, cow ****, concrete, asphault, and rocks.

TremorGTO

93 ZJ
chadschoon said:
has anyone had any experiance with the pro comp m/t?
all the guys i work with at big O luv the procomp MT's. i think thats what im going to get this next time i need tires. does anyone know anything about those new cooper STT's? i think they lok exactly like those toyo open country MT's

Last edited:

Gs_Jeep

Pro comps

I don't know from experince but a few friends of mine said that they do well except in the snow when cold.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
My kid ran em on her XJ. They were the howlinest (is that a real word?) tire I've ever heard. 4WP did the mount and balance, then rebalanced them about monthly after that. Never could get them to balance correctly.

TooeleBronco said:
I have a buddy that had some and I wasn't impressed at all. After they were 1/2 tread or less no one could balence them.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
FWIW, I ran the 33x12.5 General Grabber MT's for about 1.5 years on my ZJ and I loved them. They were surprisingly quiet, they wore real well, and once you get the air pressure dialed in they stuck like crazy--but I mean it's moab so what doesn't stic? they are only 2 ply sidewalls, but I never had a problem with them on the trail.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

My buddy bought them from me and has been running them and he likes them too...best cheap aggressive tire IMO.

Cody

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Cody said:
FWIW, I ran the 33x12.5 General Grabber MT's for about 1.5 years on my ZJ and I loved them. They were surprisingly quiet, they wore real well, and once you get the air pressure dialed in they stuck like crazy--but I mean it's moab so what doesn't stic? they are only 2 ply sidewalls, but I never had a problem with them on the trail.

My buddy bought them from me and has been running them and he likes them too...best cheap aggressive tire IMO.

Cody

My good friend Tanner has been running these tires on his pathfinder for about 4 years now. They are quite worn out now but we re-groved the tread pattern and they've lasted an extra year. :rofl: :D

Fade2Black

Drinking bone
Cody said:
I think the best Moab slickrock tire, the best snow tire, and the best road AT is the BFG AT KO. Those things rule.

Cody

I second the BFG A/Ts. I really love my 33x12.50s. They worked very well in Moab, do fine in the Utah mud, and have worn exceptionally well on the street, even with a locker.

I will definitely consider a set of 37s for my DD tires after my axle swap.

If I have to get another set of tires before the swap, they will either be BFG A/Ts or Interco Truxus M/Ts.