Good trails

4mill95

We are going camping next weekend and want to go somewhere with a good trail and camping. all i know of around here is AF canyon is there anywhere els? even out by delta?

sixstringsteve

Excellent question. Too bad you missed the noob run, Kurt outlined hundreds of trail options out there and how to find out what is legal and what isn't.

That being said, what are you looking for? Dirt fire roads? Hardcore rock crawling? Scenic paved roads? If you post your location in your signature we'll have a better way knowing what's nearby to you.

A few of my buddies and I are going camping/wheeling in Moab next weekend. You and your friends are welcome to join us. If you've never been to moab, there's nothing like it. If you have, you know you want to come next week with us. :D

Last edited:

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
There is a lot. Do some research in the Trip Reports section and see where people have gone before. Check out Expedition Utah for a lot of great trail info too. And I would highly recommend picking up some maps and atlases like the Benchmark Atlas of Utah and a book like 4WD Adventures Utah.

If you want to head out by Delta, you can do a nice loop on the Wyss Highway to Topaz and then out to the Deep Creek Mountains, then back to Lehi via the Pony Express trail. Not a technically challenging trip, but a nice, interesting one. You can easily do the whole trip in two days.

Most importantly, do your research before you go. Make sure you know where you are going and that you are prepared for the trip in every way. From the vehicle, to food, to clothing and communication.

4mill95

I would love to hit up moab but i am still trying to see if my jeep is in the shape to go. lol

new to the whole thing still figuring out my steering issue.

We used to go to topaz mountain all the time and check out old mines and stuff kind of want to go see gold hill and stuff then make are way to topaz mountain.