Other Region Good wheeling in the Phoenix area?

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
We are headed down to Phoenix day after Christmas to spend a week or so with my wifes family. All 5 of here siblings are converging there and I am thinking of Draging my jeep down to keep me sane. Does anyone know of local trails or any groups or clubs down there I could get hooked up with? I am already taking my truck and camper so I am thinking I might as well throw the jeep on as well.

Pile of parts

I don't know much about the area but there are definitely trails around there. I have a Rick Russell DVD where they run the Martinez Trail, Upper Woodpecker Trail, Upper Terminator and the Predator Trail. It lists some of the trails being north of Phoenix and some being east of Phoenix. That might at least give you a starting point in researching the area for trails and clubs.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I have hooked up with a local group there and they are going to show me around a area called Table mesa. Sounds like it will be a fun trip.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
The local board is virtual jeep club. org or com. Table Mesa is a few miles north of town and has some of the best trails trials in the PHX. Out to the west is the White Tanks mountains with more good trails. To the east is my favorite trail, Willow Springs in Apache junction. It has easy to extreme obstacles so every type of rig can have fun on it. Further southeast is Florance Junction. More great trails there with some interesting sites to see out there.
The nice thing about the PHX area is that you are never more than an hour away from mild to wild wheeling. Waterfalls are the name of the game at Table Mesa. Narrow trails with tight turns that always seem to be right as you climb a fall. All the trails are washes so be sure to keep an eye on the weather. Clouds a hundred miles away can spell trouble at any time.
Have fun down there. It's been a long time since I've played on those trails.