gots me a tow rig.

94rodeo

Well I got me a 2003 ram 2500 heavy duty. Problem is that it is lifted 6 inches and on brand new 37" toyo's. I think I need to find someone to buy the lift and tire and swap me parts/tires. I don't know that I like having a drop hitch that is a foot long to reach the trailor. Looks awesome though. Total pavement pounder. I will see if I can get some pics of it.

Meat_

Banned
'98 stock Dodge, 215 75 R16's and an 8" drop... your guys's trucks must have started out as low riders. -_-

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
You guys are old though, so you want the tongue of your trailers to be touching the ground so you can still step up in it:p

94rodeo

I have a 16' trailor and when I place my rig so there is ~500# on the tongue, it drops the hitch about an inch and a half and the trailor is sitting high in the front. I can drive the rig forward until the trailor is level, but that drops the hitch down another 4 inches or so. I am thinking that is way too much tongue weight at that point. I really don't want a longer drop hitch. Just don't feel safe with it.

kobyhud

Lurker
After towing my heavy rodeo around for a while I came to the conclusion that lots of tongue weight was much better than too little. When you have too little its really scary to have that trailer just dancing around of its own volition back there.

Not saying that lifted tow trucks are a good idea though.

1993yj

I would keep the lift and tires and just get a heavy duty drop hitch. I run a 10" drop on my '03 Ram. I put on a 4" lift and 35's and feel completely safe towing. Plus, stock ones look lame.

94rodeo

Ummm, how much would you want for the wheels, tires, and lift?

The lift is one of those ones that has the pivoting arms and what not that cost around a grand. The tires have like 400 miles on them and cost $1400 brand new. I would need the stock parts to go back on my rig as well as tires. So Make me an offer.

94rodeo

I would keep the lift and tires and just get a heavy duty drop hitch. I run a 10" drop on my '03 Ram. I put on a 4" lift and 35's and feel completely safe towing. Plus, stock ones look lame.

Where is a good place to buy a good drop hitch or have one made for that matter?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Where is a good place to buy a good drop hitch or have one made for that matter?

Biggest one I could find locally was a 10 inch drop whcih I got at 4 wheel parts. I looked at trailer supply on 35th and redwood but they we always out of the 10 and 12 hitches

94rodeo

way to much. I will just have my brother build me one. He is a welder/machinest. He just may take a couple months because of how buisy he is.

94rodeo

Tow rig is sick. It lost some power, started idling rough and had the check engine light come on. Any ideas? Already changed plugs and wires, changed the air filter, checked fuel pressure.