Let's Roll For Justice
it's some serious freddy crougar crap!

Probably just his woman messin with him

JeeperG

treadwellbear.jpg

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Turbobob said:
I can't believe he made it 13 seasons without getting eaten. The sad part is that his girlfriend died along with him.:-\

ya, girlfriend.:-\ right. that guy didnt have any girlfriend.

the movie should have been about her, and how she got suckered into spending three months in alaska with bears and a flaming lunatic.

Turbobob

Semper Fi
EKSJAE said:
ya, girlfriend.:-\ right. that guy didnt have any girlfriend.
I guess I should have said "Female companion" I really liked the letter that was read by one of his friends..."A bear's diet consists of liberals and democrats" Apparently he pissed off alot of people 'cause he got LOTS of hate mail.

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I've seen this show a few times and have followed Mr. Treadwell's 'adventures' since I first heard about him in 2001. I found the most interesting part of the Discovery piece was the last half hour or so when his friends were sitting around talking about their impressions of the movie. They really seemed to drive home the point that Tim would have loved the movie because it made him look like the "rockstar he always wanted to be". IMO his real purpose of spending all that time with the bears was that he wanted to be famous and he loved the adrenaline rush it brought him.

I also believe that when he went back that 13th year that he knew he wasn't going to leave Alaska alive. He and Amy actually went to the airport to fly home, but Tim got in an argument with an airline employee about the validity of his ticket. It was then that he decided to go back to the 'Grizzly Maze' relatively late in the season and I don't think he ever planned to leave again. He and Amy had been fighting because she had to be back in California to start a new job. I think Tim expected her to leave.

Some people have suggested that Tim knew the bear that ate him and Amy, but I don't think he did. That late in the year, new bears had moved into the area and Tim's 'friends' had either moved out or headed to their dens. It was really interesting watching the last footage Tim shot of the bear that ate him. For some reason he seemed more fascinated with that particular bear and he stopped narrating about the bear's actions. For some reason he also shot footage of Amy in the same scene as the bear, something he avoided previously when Amy was with him. I think he knew that bear was capable of eating him and he was willing to let it happen. I think he planned on Amy getting away and telling the story of his death. Unfortunately he didn't anticipate Amy sticking around long enough to be eaten or he thought the bear would be satisfied with him.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Is this the blonde mop haired guy? Pet fox? tent fell down in the rain? I saw bits and pieces, I could never handle more than a couple minutes at a time...

Caleb

cruiseroutfit said:
Is this the blonde mop haired guy? Pet fox? tent fell down in the rain? I saw bits and pieces, I could never handle more than a couple minutes at a time...
yep! :rofl:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Supergper said:

Wow, I didn't realize I missed so much... I guess I should have given it a chance. I just thought it was another spoofy "Steve Irwin" type documentary, sounds like this one had a little more juice to it...