Gun Crew: Glock 19, what's it worth?

CJJ92yj

Got a co-worker who wants to sell his Glock 19. He wants $500 for it. He is the second owner and hardly ever shot it, but who knows about the first as he got it at a gun show. Is this a fair deal based on what I have listed. I think it comes with a few extra magazines.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
$500 is what I would expect, up or down a little depending on extras or heavy use. FYI - the high capacity ban is over now so the 15 round clips are now worth $20 not $200 that they were awhile back, so don't let them tell you that they are worth a lot.

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
CJJ92yj said:
Got a co-worker who wants to sell his Glock 19. He wants $500 for it.
I sold mine for about 350, and I'm sure you COULD find one for cheaper than 500
even new they go for less than that (if I remember right from the last time I priced them), however 500 is not an outrageous price. There is a post on one of those gun forums about a guy who took his glock (it had 10's of thousands of rounds through it), and burried it, dropped it out of an airplane, shot it with a .22, ran over it with a pickup truck, ect. and it never gave him a "fail to fire", the trigger just got real heavy; so as long as you can't see any sign of real abuse on this one I wouldn't get too concerned about its history.

I was real happy with mine, but the 19 has a short handle for my big hands (my pinky finger never felt like it had a "home"), and I was in need of money so I sold it, thinking I would replace it with a 17 or a 22.

If I find that link to that forum about the guy abusing his gun (ya ya I know, nobody very smart would do that to any gun) I will post it here.(I think it was on AR-15.com)

Meat_

Banned
$500 is WAY high

I hate to encourage anyone to buy a Glock... but go to Norm's

Van Wagenen Finance Co
953 S State
Orem, UT 84097 - 7027
(801) 226-4488

CJJ92yj

Well, I took a look at it last night. I'm gonna pass this one. The grip is just WAY too short for my gorilla grips. Plus the fact that it sounds like it's at least a little high for what it is. I'll keep looking for something though. Thanks everyone

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
Meat_ said:
$500 is WAY high

I hate to encourage anyone to buy a Glock... but go to Norm's

Van Wagenen Finance Co
953 S State
Orem, UT 84097 - 7027
(801) 226-4488

That place rocks as long as you don't get stuck talking to the cranky guy.

Jeeptj98

CJJ92yj said:
Well, I took a look at it last night. I'm gonna pass this one. The grip is just WAY too short for my gorilla grips. Plus the fact that it sounds like it's at least a little high for what it is. I'll keep looking for something though. Thanks everyone

Remember the Crossroads of the West Gun show is in town this weekend, at the south town expo center go and check it out you might find a good deal