Trip Report Hanging Tree Run - Washed Out!

TheKim

Ummmm and tie rod failure…

My BIL was texting me last night for advice on how to keep his tie rods alive on his Bronco. I could send him the video of HT and that pretty much sums it up lol “don’t do stuff like this”
Haven't managed to snap one yet, but I do carry spares and the tools to do the job if needed.
I just let off the throttle if the rig starts hopping, and front locker only when absolutely needed, when not steering 😆.
She's been a solid rig though, for a daily driver.

TheKim

You'd be wise to not take a full body rig through Hanging Tree. A shorter wheelbase will help in some of the tight stuff but you're gonna risk a lot of body damage.
That's what I was figuring. Pin stripes and dents don't upset me, but anything with actual breakage I'll probably pass on.
I've got full bash plates from metal cloak that do pretty good, but my rig is pretty heavy and just dragging the belly on everything isn't really fun. 😆
Thanks for the heads up.
Safe trails

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's what I was figuring. Pin stripes and dents don't upset me, but anything with actual breakage I'll probably pass on.
I've got full bash plates from metal cloak that do pretty good, but my rig is pretty heavy and just dragging the belly on everything isn't really fun. 😆
Thanks for the heads up.
Safe trails
Just trying to put myself in your shoes. I wouldn’t take my sass’d Tacoma up it either for the same reasons.

Sounds like you’ve got that Bronco setup pretty well though!

TheKim

Just trying to put myself in your shoes. I wouldn’t take my sass’d Tacoma up it either for the same reasons.

Sounds like you’ve got that Bronco setup pretty well though!
Thank you!
We get by alright, haha.
Glad I checked how it currently looks on here.
The guys I'm going with just took their rigs through Pritchet in Moab, but mine isn't even close to that capable :rofl: