Has anyone seen Gran Torino

snccoulter

www.coulters-inc.com
We watched it today and i have to say it is one of the best movies I have seen by Clint Eastwood.

4554x4

always modifing something
Great movie!

If you liked it, you would have loved it in the theater. I saw it in the theater, and bought the dvd on the first day it was available.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
I've always been more of a John Wayne fan than an Eastwood fan, but I would have to say that was my favorite Eastwood movie. I've watched probably a half dozen times.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
WHAT ? are you saying you didnt like it ?

I really didn't. I thought it was poor acting all around and it's very hard for me to take such a bad ass like Clint Eastwood seriously in this movie. It was just sad all around and I am also not a fan of movies that have rape victims in them by thier own family members.

I guess on a postive note it was extremely realisict which is probably why I didnt like it.

I like to keep my brain in space and aliens. :D lol

radjeeper

"Why You Say"
I dug it! One thing I liked about it was that is was unpredictable, not too many movies are. Also, it was great to see someone not afraid to do the right thing despite what could happen to them. Fear controls too many of us today.

U

unltd1

Oh my god, I laughed my A$$ off the WHOLE MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I kept seeing was Goat's face on Eastwood's body....he's going to be JUST like that when he gets older. He'll probably even befriend an Asian boy...he really has a soft spot for the underdog.

Every once in a while, I would interject "I'm batman" into whatever Eastwood was saying.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. I am a total fan of this movie. Marcus got very mad at me for laughing through the whole thing.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Been an Eastwood fan for years. Kelly's heros, Dirty Harry, Pale rider, Unforgiven and In the line of fire were pretty damn good movies. Grand torino was absolute rubbish. Every time I had hope, some over the top character ruined it. The aforementioned rape victim was completely annoying.

Jenn just giggled the whole time. She was..........

Caleb

Yeah, I'm with Amy. It was an OK show, I doubt I'll willingly watch it a second time. I found it quite predictable.

Green Leader

I thought it was a great movie. I would put in my top 5 of Eastwood movies.

I do have to laugh at what Unltd1 said about Batman. If you think about the movie and imagine that it is very funny.

" Stay of my lawn.......I'm Batman"

DAA

Supporting Member
I thought it was so unrealistic that it kind of over shadowed any other thoughts, to the point of making the whole movie just kind of annoying (few movies aren't, though). Poorly acted. Horribly cliched. Terribly predictable.

Two thumbs down...

- DAA

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
hahaha like Herzog said " He just grunted and breathed heavily the whole movie!" hahahaha love it.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I though it was worth watching, if nothing else to here the comical slurs thrown out of Clint's mouth. The plot was bland the full-auto machine gun sequences were over the top comic book style.