Heading up AF again Saturday the 13th

TROKITA

where going on a nice easy cruise up AF, going to hit up merry ellen trail. im heading out with a couple of Tacoma's from TW anyone that wants to join is more then welcome. some are stock trucks, so you don't have the excuse that your ride is stock.
We are meeting at the Chevron at 10:30 AM as usual we will wait for half hour and leave at 11:00 AM. Post up if interested/ planing on going

skeptic

I'm considering one last camping trip this weekend before it turns too cold to be fun. Since I usually camp in that area, this could work out well. I have to check a few things, but if I can make it I'll post up.

skeptic

Grrr... Just found out I have to take one of my kids to a B-day party at 1pm on Saturday. Looks like I'm out.

B2-Bomber

i need to hurry and get my driveshaft re-built, i blew a u-joint 2 weekends ago, and the driveshaft swung around and hit the ground and damaged the ears pretty bad. i hope grs can do it in 1 day

B2-Bomber

i just called chris at grs, he's "going to try to have it done tomorrow" i just need to drop it off before 8:30 tomorrow. its the chevron across the street from the grocery store right?

B2-Bomber

right now i only have 35" AT tires, with all this rain i'm not sure how fun snotty mud is going to be, what is the weather report for tomorrow?

TROKITA

what i hear is that its going to be sunny with a couple of clouds. but you can never trust what they say these days especially utah whether

B2-Bomber

i'm not out, just cautious. i figure my rig with lockers and all-terrain 35" tires might do just fine so long as it is not soaking wet and snotty

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
i'm not out, just cautious. i figure my rig with lockers and all-terrain 35" tires might do just fine so long as it is not soaking wet and snotty

I could drive Mary Ellen in my bone stock Explorer, with lockers and 35" ATs you won't even know you're on a trail. :)

Team1k

Maybe i always went the wrong way or maybe the trail has changed but earlier this year and last year there is a pretty good sized dirt ledge that with just a little water on the trail we could not get up and ended up winching. These were rigs locked front and rear on 37s. That being said there is a rocky road you can take up and come back out that way but ive always done the loop. Are you guys not doing the loop?

Edit: or maybe you run it the opposite direction?

Last edited:

B2-Bomber

yeah, i know where it is now, i went on that ride on saturday. i got about 1,000' down the trail from the top when i hit a big bump and my HEI distributor cap dis-lodged, bound up the rotor and broke the rotor.....i got towed off the mountain. a $5.00 part from o'reilly and i drove home

other than being embarassed it was a decent day though