Helicopters/drones for filming

xjtony

Picked up this guy yesterday. Dji spark. Doesn't have huge range, but so far it's been easy to use and the video is very good. The most advanced thing I'll probably use it for is filming obsticals on the trail20180527_173431.jpg

xjtony

I've been contemplating getting a Spark. The range increases quite a bit with the DJI controller.
I have the controller as well. It's my first drone (real one, I have several little ones). So far just flying around the neighborhood it flies farther than I'm comfortable with lol.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
It looks pretty cool. A much needed new gimbal, 1" sensor, omni-directional obstacle sensors, etc. I'm also excited to see the Phantom 5. I'm hearing it will have interchangeable lenses. Hopefully it will look different than the current Phantom platform. It's so dated.

sixstringsteve

I love my mavic, but it's biggest downfall is a lack of backwards and side obstacle sensors. That being said, it's been a lot of fun.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I got the Spark a while back. I'm happy with it but if you know you are going to fly it a good bit I would cough up the extra coin and jump right to the Mavic Air. Just a better system all around, more flight time,good tracking with ability to fly around objects on its own. The Spark is good for learning the basics but with only front facing avoidance it's not the best to take into tight spaces.

Short video of Murdock Basin. Not the best edited video but you know....