Hells Revenge June 7th

D94R

We spent the 6-11th in Moab, staying at Slick Rock Campground the whole week. Here are Day 1's pics.

Gathering at Hells entrance.
6-09Moab007.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Here we are, queuing, as Jeremy Clarkson would say, waiting for our sizable group to catch up.
6-09Moab038.jpg

Starting down Hells Gate.
6-09Moab083.jpg

As Travis in the Gray JK said. "Well, we're committed now"
IMG_0118.jpg

Up and out. I caught air just like Travis, but it's only caught on video. Chris lead us both too far left. I couldn't tell at the time if he was a bad spotter... or just really good?:greg:
6-09Moab114.jpg

6-09Moab129.jpg

6-09Moab136.jpg

The crowd of people had gathered to watch our feat, and cheered jubilantly as we all made it up safely for the first times ever
6-09Moab123.jpg

Then, the escalator. Tobin asked "Matt, you gonna do it?" To which I enthusiastically replied "Sure, why the hell not? What could go wrong?"
6-09Moab188.jpg

Chris trying to interpret a line.
6-09Moab190.jpg

OH, that's what could go wrong! Maybe, just maybe, Chris isn't a master spotter. :rofl:
6-09Moab198.jpg

Oh hell, I admit defeat, strap me up boys. I made it past the hole and was OK. Just a scratch on the rear corner and the tail light busted around two of the bolts, but the lens itself stayed in tact :D
6-09Moab194.jpg

After the Gate and the Escalator, Tip Over Challenge was a walk in the park
6-09Moab206.jpg

The rest of the way out was smooth sailing. Nice to see the BLM made some organization out of the maze of trails towards the exit since last year,... even if they did pick the roughest of any of them

zkeys

Nice pics. I left Slickrock the day that you guys arrived! I hear ya about the exit to Hell's..... I was in a full size Nissan Titan trying to get over those rock fields. Took a little skid plate damage there!

Thanks

Zack

D94R

jmaxj. we stopped and checked out your rig a couple time while walking to the camp facilities. nice looking setup. Also, I was the one who waved (maybe I was the only one from our group) to you as you drove by the first day you came in.

zkeys. I do remember a Nissan Titan in the Slick Rock area the first day.

Nice to quasi-meet ya both :)