Help me.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
My 7 year old boy just did as well. I counter it by taking him hiking/biking. I didn't even know it was still around until two weeks ago.

STAG

I think I swill have a whole binder full if them from elementary school. He can have them ha

this is a great opportunity to teach life lessons on doing chores and working hard, to earn money to spend on these cards, which will eventually be completely worthless :)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think I swill have a whole binder full if them from elementary school. He can have them ha

this is a great opportunity to teach life lessons on doing chores and working hard, to earn money to spend on these cards, which will eventually be completely worthless :)

I wasted entire paychecks on card crack when I was in high school and didn't learn a damned thing. I think I still have a shoebox of magic cards somewhere in storage.

Coco

LOL that was a funny post... I remember those days, didnt know/dont understand how it is still around tho.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
This is much worse then that steve. I'd advise having another child as backup in case you loose this one to nerdery

DAA

Supporting Member
Don't know anything about the Pokémon cards, but I collected baseball cards when I was a kid, the old fashioned way - one pack and one stick of gum at a time (the big sealed can I store them in still smells like bubble gum when you open it...). I used to spend most of my money on baseball cards. This was back when Topps was the only option, way before the other card companies like Top Deck surfaced. Turned out pretty good though. I sold about one third (the BEST third) of my collection about 20 years ago for $5,000. More than ten times what I spent on my entire collection. Could have got a bit more if I had waited a couple more years, my Nolan Ryan rookie cards went up a good bit right after that, but all in all, I blindly timed the selling pretty good.

And I still have a couple thousand interesting, if not very valuable cards kicking around. I have one of Doc Ellis, forget which year, but it was the same year he pitched a no-hitter on acid and you can tell just looking at the picture that he was on LSD when it was taken :D. And all the old afros and funky 70's colors of the unis and stuff, they're fun to dig through every few years just for grins.

- DAA

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
My son Daxton (11). Is just now getting over Pokemon. He sometimes has the DTs from withdrawal. He has no interest in magic the gathering either. Maybe it was the motorcycle I bought him. I asked would you rather have a motorcycle, or a black lotus card? He said a motorcycle of course. Proud day in my life.

ricsrx

Kevin, I know that you have a great relationship with your son, be strong! dont give up! stay the course!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I like Skiboarders' idea. I've been wanting to buy he and I a couple motorcycles anyway, this Pokemon thing seems like a great way to sell that to the wife. :D

Coco

be glad yu-gi-oh I think it was still isnt around... My younger brother was big into that as well. I didnt quite understand that one. It to me seemed to be a lot like pokemon but was aimed at older kids.

sixstringsteve

we have a brony here at work. It's pretty sad actually. His screen saver is two ponies lying on top of each other in the grass. He carries around a satchel/purse, and he has two MLP figurines on his desk. I actually feel pretty bad for him, because he looks like a nice guy who just doesn't have many friends.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My sister is dating a brony. The fool is 35, I don't know what's wrong with him.

Wow. A couple months ago I spotted a truck full of 25ish year old dudes with "my little ponies" glued to the dashboard. I wasn't sure what was going on until I heard about this brony thing.