Help me.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Wow. A couple months ago I spotted a truck full of 25ish year old dudes with "my little ponies" glued to the dashboard. I wasn't sure what was going on until I heard about this brony thing.

How can you work in IT and not know about bronies? That industry is infested with them it seems like.

sixstringsteve

I think Shane might be a closet brony who hasn't come out of the stable yet.

I saw this on his FB page showing off his new tats:
shane%252525202.jpg

Last edited:

DAA

Supporting Member
Is it safe for me to google "brony" and "MLP"? Because I have no clue what you guys are saying. But the little alarm bells in my head went off when I thought about googling those terms. Maybe not as bad as "dirty sanchez" or "hot carl", but...

- DAA

sixstringsteve

Is it safe for me to google "brony" and "MLP"? Because I have no clue what you guys are saying. But the little alarm bells in my head went off when I thought about googling those terms.

Yes, it's safe to google. Just don't google "clopper." MLP is my little pony.

From wikipedia:

"The show received praise from television critics and parental groups. It also found an unlikely audience in a large group of Internet users in late 2010 and early 2011. These older fans, typically males from 18 to 35, were drawn to the show's characters, stories, animation style, and influence of the show's propagation as an Internet meme. The fandom adopted the name brony (plural bronies), a portmanteau of "bro" and "pony". Though initially considered to propagate the humorous and ironic concept of grown men enjoying a show for young girls, the fandom has shown deeper appreciation for the show far beyond this concept, and is considered part of a New Sincerity trend. Its technology-savvy members have created numerous works in writing, music, art, and video based on the show, have established websites and fan conventions for the show, and have participated in charitable events around the show and those that create it."

You know how all the nerds go to Comicon? Well, they have a Bronycon now, which makes the comicon guys look like rockstars.

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Is it safe for me to google "brony" and "MLP"? Because I have no clue what you guys are saying. But the little alarm bells in my head went off when I thought about googling those terms. Maybe not as bad as "dirty sanchez" or "hot carl", but...

- DAA

Not as bad as you're thinking. A brony is a My Little Pony groupie. They're mostly effeminate and poorly-socialized geeks who wear pink glittery MLP tshirts and get a kick out of "scaring the normals".

DAA

Supporting Member
Ahhh.... Very interesting. I'd not the slightest clue about any of it. To each his own I guess. Guys who can't get laid have always needed some sort of outlet. I've never walked in those shoes, so I'm not going to judge.

Know a dude I can ask about clopper - but it sounds disgusting.

- DAA

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
use duckduckgo if you don't want your search history to show up on your google permanent record. :rofl:

Bronies4life.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I watch a lot of my little pony with my daughter. My favorite character is pinky pie and my daughter loves Wawity (Rarity).

I guess I am a Dadony? (I didn't know about Bronies till this thread)

I've been in IT most of my life and this is the first I've heard of bronies or cloppers - I must lead a sheltered life! On second thought, maybe it is better that way.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
My daughter loves the little ponies, so I'm required to watch them on occasion as well. On Netflix there is a documentary called "Bronies". I haven't watched it, but maybe I'll have to give it a look.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
ok I'm an oldie so never heard of any of this until this thread.... but my 26 yr old son is heavy into pokemon... to the point that he enters tournaments and places high every year... and of course he will be single the rest of his life! no hope for me of getting him out of the house! and yes he works in IT as well....