help we rock and bfe

zukijames

"Utah Wheelers,
We are going to be holding a Dirt Riot Endurance Race in Moab on Big Saturday during EJS at AREA BFE...
I do not have a capable wheeler to pre run the trails and set upa good solid course for the race. With our schedule of events and travel I need to find someone, or a group that is willing to help us find a good course at AREA BFE.
If you'd like to help, please contact me here or call me @ 530-417-5333
or you can e-mail me at bigrich@werocklive.com

I will share the details we need for a course, hell, maybe if timing is right I can even come down if there is an open seat.
Thanks
Rich"

Last edited:

Badbuggy

rock star
Does it need to be a loop? Dropkick, to LockJaw, up Lockjaw to the powerline road to upper Greenday, down greenday , down minor threat, to the canyon bottom, and back to Dropkick. It is hard to be spectator friendly, and the course is rough and tight.

I am not sure you will get a 5- 10 mile course out of it. It would be nice to include some racing up top, in the test area, but with only one road a loop would be impossible.

zukijames

they want a loop because its a 1-3 hour race its not a who goes a distance the fastest its who goes the farthest in the given time i was thinking start with some stuff in the test area and such and then go down in and up lock jaw or through greenday down umm idk what its called.. by the entrance to upper heldo maybe it is minor threat major threat comes to mind but i think thats just that one obstical but im not sure its been too long:(

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Here is the biggest problem as I see it. The race is scheduled for Big Saturday during EJS.

Any race course is going to have to use at least some short sections of Strike Ravine.

Strike Ravine is a Big Saturday trail used by RR4W for EJS.

Bart

Agreed, I don't see a way to incorporate the upper part of BFE, by the parking lots, into a loop and not have it affect part of Strike Ravine.

zukijames

i wasnt saying loop back up to the test area i was just saying spend a little time up there and then go down and do loops on green day.. or something but strike ravine is going to cause problems !

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
what about something past the upper heldo waterfall in that area there ?

The problem with Helldorado is that the exit is on BLM land, so that's out.

I like James' idea of starting in the upper test zone. Then we could drop down and run a loop. We could string together Minor Threat, Green Day, the upper portion of Dropkick, then down Lockjaw to the lower portion of Dropkick, and up the Strike Ravine wash back to Minor Threat. Just have to work out the Strike Ravine conflict with the RR4W run.

Big Rich

If we know the timing on their run and when they expect to use stike ravine maybe we can adjust the hours of the race and end later in the day, or run the utv's and trail class before and the others after they come through.
Is there really only one way down to the lower trails, can something new be cut in ;-)

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
and the dirt road that comes out right by the entrance to greenday (running greenday the way the signs say to ) thats blm land too right?

No, that's on BFE property. However, that road is part of the EJS Strike Ravine route.

Rich and I have been emailing back and forth. We have some ideas that might work. I'm hoping to go out to BFE on Sunday to check some stuff out and get some trail mileages.