Suzuki HELP with Samuria

y-jake

DOES NOT START --- I have a '87 Zuk that I acquired, it does not start unless I push start it, but it attempts to start (so its not the starter). I also put on one of those relay because that's what I heard the problem was (it's not). Maybe it's not!!!
COOLING--- It also has a cooling problem, maybe a water pump problem. I can literally pinch the lower radiator hose closed with no pressure going thru it at all, while the motor is runniing.
It runs at a VERY high idle for the first few minutes... I know NOTHING about these things, I am a Jeep guy. Please help!!! Thank You, post, call or text - 801-232-7702!!!!

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
Welcome to the world of a samurai!

Check the compression. I have had low compression give me that same type of issue. It can build enough comp. to run when pushed, but not by the starter.

As for the water, I would guess missing fins on the pump.

y-jake

As far as starting goes... It doesn't even do a thing when I turn the key.... Not even a atempt at turning over! So the key is to unlock the steering wheel only! It does nothing else...! As far as the water pump goes, it sounds like a possibility,, I'll replace the water pump and go from there... Thanx! As far as posting pics to sell it, I'm sure it'll piss me off soon enuff! It's not a jeep so I'm likely to tap out quickly!!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
ummm.. if the starter doesn't attempt to turn over and you have a good battery a good place to check would be the starter... could be solenoid or starter :)

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
"but it attempts to start (so its not the starter)"

"It doesn't even do a thing when I turn the key.... Not even a atempt at turning over!"

I am super confused by your contradictions.. but if the started says nothing, there is a little wire that kicks it on that often fell off of mine.. Just a little 12v wire connected the the side that gets power when the key is turned.. or could be a clutch safety switch not allowing power to the starter..