Jeep Hickey’s 1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I'll have to keep an eye on this build, I have a Lunchbox in my D30 and a Grizzly in my 8.8 in my YJ The grizzly is way smoother on road. If I were to start over again I'd probably toss an ARB or Ox up front
Same set up we have in our YJ. We did the Yukon 8.8 c clip eliminator kit also. A XJ dana 30 to eliminate the vacuum deal on the YJ dana 30.

Tom95YJ

Tom @ Artec
Same set up we have in our YJ. We did the Yukon 8.8 c clip eliminator kit also. A XJ dana 30 to eliminate the vacuum deal on the YJ dana 30.
I have chromoly shafts in my 30 but I did run the XJ shaft for a long time, I have the Rare Reid D30-to 44 Outters that I have not installed yet with Warn hubs and Yukon Stubshafts an Artec highsteer arms/ double shear kits for when I get around to going soa I just need to gather the parts to build a Antiwrap bar an I'll get it done.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have chromoly shafts in my 30 but I did run the XJ shaft for a long time, I have the Rare Reid D30-to 44 Outters that I have not installed yet with Warn hubs and Yukon Stubshafts an Artec highsteer arms/ double shear kits for when I get around to going soa I just need to gather the parts to build a Antiwrap bar an I'll get it done.
I was looking at steering knuckles online last night. JK units are stupid cheap. Maybe I should just look for a JK Dana 30 someone is tossing out, and narrow it for my front axle.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Moogs joints are $59 a pair so $118 bucks. Is $200 lots?

I see no issue with lifetime warranty vatozone Balljoints with that size tire.
I ruined unit bearings 3:1 before ball joints on my last stockish 30.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Moogs joints are $59 a pair so $118 bucks. Is $200 lots?

I see no issue with lifetime warranty vatozone Balljoints with that size tire.
I ruined unit bearings 3:1 before ball joints on my last stockish 30.
Moog is not good enough for me, and I’ll eventually get larger tires on this ride. I don’t care about a lifetime warranty if it means I have to replace the parts more often.