High School TJ build

This little Tj is coming along, that big dent in the side is gone due to a friend in town, repainted the hood and part of side panel where the dent was, the paint didn't match to what I thought it would, but that's ok, it gives it character. Repainted the the fender flares black, looks so much better than it did. Put on some Rugged Ridge rockers on it, took the old front bumper off, working on building a new one. It has a cute 2" coil spacer lift, I swapped the tires I had on the XJ and put them on the TJ. I've put some quick disconnect sway bar links on her as well. The heater wasn't working very well, turns out the heater core was clogged inside the pipe and as well as the fins, cleaned it up just enough to get a welcome breeze of nice warm air. As of plans on this daily high school driver, the floppy mirrors need to go, every time I close the door they move out of position, I have a hp d30 and a Ford 8.8 that need a little work before I throw them under. I also plan on putting 4.10 gearing and a lunchbox locker in the front, the 8.8 came with a limited slip that I'm going to keep in there for "High School Budget" reasons. Hoping that I can get 35" tires on there after my axles. I want to do high-line fenders just to get me that extra tire clearance that I may or may not need. This little Tj has been a good little Jeep for me so far, has done what I've wanted it to do for me so far, haven't taken it wheeling yet, but I can tell you it climbs curbs no problem.
20171221_135451.jpg20171221_135612.jpg

ebryson

Here we are at rough inner dimension.

I find it funny how the the dimensions off the internet are .004 off for the ID and .001 off of the OD then what the actual conversion from millimeter to inches. To go from millimeters to inches you divide 25.4. Which brings us to 2.484 ID, 2.881 OD and .098 in thickness.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220217-141529_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220217-141529_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220217_141514.jpg
    20220217_141514.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 8

ebryson

Here I am with the WJ swap done other than bleeding the brakes.

The Calipers seems pretty friendly with the wheels but clears.

The tie rod ends (TRE's) are rocking it! Used the WJ TRE's and pretty happy with the difference I feel in the steering wheel. No more slope!

Probably will end up moving the axle side track bar bolt up one notch to make the track bar right in line of the drag link. Over all pretty happy with this set up so far.

Attachments

• 20220402_124556.jpg
    20220402_124556.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220402_124534.jpg
    20220402_124534.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220402_122632.jpg
    20220402_122632.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

ebryson

Well, there goes my T-case, kept poping out of any sort of drive. Turns out I put to much silicone on the half case causing the filter and pump to clog up not sending fluid to the planetary gears.... planning on picking up another t-case up that luckily already has a SYE and it comes with a drive shaft!

Plans from here are help my rear suspension out a little bit. Going to put longer control arms on, do the cool coil bucket correction, and do the outside frame shock tower. I'm also likly going to just remove the sway bar, curious how that will go as per street ability and offroad stability.

Attachments

• 20220416_153649.jpg
    20220416_153649.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Well, there goes my T-case, kept poping out of any sort of drive. Turns out I put to much silicone on the half case causing the filter and pump to clog up not sending fluid to the planetary gears.... planning on picking up another t-case up that luckily already has a SYE and it comes with a drive shaft!

Plans from here are help my rear suspension out a little bit. Going to put longer control arms on, do the cool coil bucket correction, and do the outside frame shock tower. I'm also likly going to just removed the sway bar, curious how that will go as per street ability and offroad stability.
Don't throw the swaybar away, you might end up putting back on. ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

Plans from here are help my rear suspension out a little bit. Going to put longer control arms on, do the cool coil bucket correction, and do the outside frame shock tower. I'm also likly going to just remove the sway bar, curious how that will go as per street ability and offroad stability.
I enjoy updates in this thread. Keep it up!