holley fuel injection

BIGOXJ

i have a problem with my jeep starting . the injectors wont pulsate when trying to start. when i get it started the injectors pulsate fine and runs good .:mad2: any ideas would be welcome.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
BIGOXJ said:
i have a problem with my jeep starting . the injectors wont pulsate when trying to start. when i get it started the injectors pulsate fine and runs good .:mad2: any ideas would be welcome.

Check your voltage while cranking. PJ needs atleast 12 volts while cranking to be able to fire the inj. Also double check all grounds. PJ is VERY picky and likes good clean power and grounds.

BIGOXJ

i will check voltave to night . i did check all grounds . thank you ,will let you know tomarow how it went

BIGOXJ

would i check for 12 volts at distubator tac lead while trying to start ? i belive that is where sig comes from

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
BIGOXJ said:
would i check for 12 volts at distubator tac lead while trying to start ? i belive that is where sig comes from

I can't remember the color off hand, but there is a wire that supplies the main power for the system to run. It is the one the the instructions say needs to be hot in run and start (IIRC red/white), there is another that is just hot in run (IIRc red), and another that is the tach lead (white IIRC).

Also make sure you have fuel pressure prior to cranking. Can you hear the pump cycle on? The inj will not fire unless there is pressure at them. Every PJ I have done, I hard wire the pump to battery power and use a relay to turn it on. You can use the PJ harness to trigger the relay or use a ign hot in start/run to trigger it. BUT, if you do that, make sure your return line is atleast 5/16"....which is a good idea, no matter how the pump is set up.

I got your PM. I will pm you my # too. Check this stuff when you get home and give me a call, I will dig out all my diagrams and notes when I get home....It has been a while since I played with them....I got mine to run well and left it alone!!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
"can i use everthing from a 1990 350 motor ? can you give me a idea how to wire it up"

Pretty much. You will need to have Howell or similar burn a chip. But basically it would be the same thing as doing and all JY parts TB chevy conversion on and older motor, but you substitute your holley tb for the gm one....the holley is a little bigger cfm. The tps on the holley is a gm part as are the bulk of the parts on it. It would be easiest to get a harness like painless or Howells and use it for all of you sensors and what not. It could be done with a doner harness, but more of a PITA.

About any after market comp that will drive batch fire inj could run a system with the holley tb....I have been thinking of setting mine up with a MegaSquirt comp.

fury 3

try a hemi sway dont be cheap then give me ur injection kit ppppppppppppppppppppppppppplease thanks fury

BIGOXJ

thank you very much . rckcrlr. it turnd out to be only 8.5 volts while cranking. i have 2 batteries mounted in back of jeep . so if not 3/4 charged up low voltage . you are great