Holley Truck Avenger Carb

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
Before I even get started, I know I should go with fuel injection but I can't find a setup for the same price as this carb so don't even give me flip for it.
concerning the Holley Truck Avenger Carburator:
Ok, I would like opinions from anyone who has heard anything about how these work on the trail. The claim is the carb operates at 40 degrees incline and is supposed to be the cats butt for offroad carbs. The price is better than fuel injection setup and is a bolt on and go. Good? Bad? what do you guys think?

KENNETH !!

Bud

'98 ZJ
...just keep looking for a TPI system to add to yours. There were a couple of TPI 305s in the classifieds, but still not a good 350...

anvil

I've been running a TA for the last 2 years. I've really liked it, but it wasn't exactly a bolt on and go. It took a lot of tuning to get it right. Fortunately they are pretty simple to tune and Holley tech support is helpful. I've used Q-jets in the past and they can work good too. If you get them set up right I think they are both comparable. Q-jets are cheap, but a little harder to tune. TAs are more money, but easier to work on.

Steve

Who Cares?
I ran a TA on the EB for a couple of years until I went with EFI. I had it running WAY better on angles than anybody's Q-Jet or any other carb. How? I put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and a pressure gauge on it. On the street I'd adjust it to 5-6 psi at the carb. For rock crawling, I'd adjust the fuel pressure down to 1 psi. Adjusted that way, and jetted for the correct altitude, it ran awesome on extreme angles - but still not as good as EFI.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
friend of mine ran one in Top Truck, because he was scared of EFI LOL

anyway he had to tune it a bit but reported no problems at all.

great scott

Yes I have been running one for about 2 or 3 years now and it dose work a bit better then my old Qjet. For the money I would not buy one again just because the Qjets are nearly as good. Don't get me wrong its a good carb and yes it is better then then Qjet, just not a lot better. I would be happy to make ya a good deal on mine so I can move up to FI :D .