Home office setups--what do you like?

J-mobzz

My workspace is fairly simple. It’s just dual monitors with an HDMI switcher that allows me to switch between my desktop and my work laptop that I connect to a USB-C dock.
If you’re on teams or zoom meetings a lot the one thing that I really do like that I have in my home office is a quality USB speakerphone That has clear indicating lights that it’s muted or not, And then a quality 4K camera that has some digital pan tilt zoom capabilities so that I can adjust my camera without having to physically put it in the spot to cover the area I want.

ebryson

Not gonna lie, I kinda want a deeply-reclining chair and a split keyboard on either side of the chair and the monitor mounted to the ceiling.

Granted the only computer work I really ever do is 3D modeling so maybe even something cool like a VR headset and one of those fancy 3D modeling mouses (is it mouses or would it be mice?)

View attachment 172732
I don't have that specific mouse but I do love my 3d mouse. Night and day difference in how quickly I can make 3d models.

dutchman

KI7KSV
Nope, it's pretty intuitive.

Operating the 3D mouse is like holding the model object in your hand and then rotating, angling or zooming to see all sides/details of the object.

I have mine to the left of the keyboard so I can still use the normal mouse with my right hand.

J-mobzz

Not gonna lie, I kinda want a deeply-reclining chair and a split keyboard on either side of the chair and the monitor mounted to the ceiling.

Granted the only computer work I really ever do is 3D modeling so maybe even something cool like a VR headset and one of those fancy 3D modeling mouses (is it mouses or would it be mice?)

View attachment 172732
My kids both have the oculus headsets and they are compatible with the GPU we have in our desktops. I have to admit it is kind of cool to have that kind of workspace..

1969honda

Supporting Member
I didn't know the 3D mouse was a thing. If I can pair that with my son's oculus headset... 🤯

I just showed @STAG 's idea of a recliner, VR headset, and 3d mouse to my second son, and he is super excited to try it out. The $285ish price tag on that mouse was a little disheartening though. I'm selfishly hoping after I get home Sunday, from the part time gig playing Soldier, he's at least attempted it. That would be epic if it'll work with my GTX2070 graphics card.