Hot tub?

MattL

Who has one?
What do you recommend , brand?
Any one selling a used one?
What to look for in a used tub.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
FWIW: When I was growing up my family had a Marquis Spa.... It was seriously a piece of crap! Pumps, motors, jets, and just about every other mechanical piece when out at least once. It nickled and dimed us to the point we almost payed someone to take it away :rolleyes:

It was really nice to have when it wasn't broken though :D

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Mine is a Cal Spa. It's been a great tub, with no real issues in 10 years. I had to replace a seal in the water pump last year, but that's the first real problem I've had. Mines an 8 foot, and to be honest it's just too big. If I ever replace it, I'll downsize to a 6'6" to 7'0".

rev8n

Bullfrog and I really like it. I had looked at many; Cal would be my next choice.
I went with the bullfrog because of the jet packs, I really liked that idea. Also because they are made in Utah and I was able to get a slightly marked, or scratch and dent models cheap at the factory. Cal is nice quality and great for tall people. Mine is also 9' wide and I live it. I would suggest asking to try the display spa, but it is really worth it to get a good idea of what you like and don’t like.

venpick

77 fj40
I think you want to find one with 2 motors because one is usually pretty weak and there is never enough horse power ever. Also look for the newer type with the top filters that you can reach in from the top of the tub and change and if possible make sure the drain is on the bottom of the tub. It seems simple enough but maybe because of height issues they put them a couple inches off the bottom and you have to bail out the last couple of inches by hand Major PITA. The other key thing is the jet packs and having someway to adjust them. like the jet pack system or similar.

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
we got our tub for free off of ksl.com... its an 87 hot springs.. we had to buy two heating elements (125 each) and I had to wire the disconnect up (I'm and electrician) but other than that its great!!! its a self contained unit so we can always move it around... its a smaller unit only 300 gallons which makes it great for when you have to heat up the water... but then again we can only have about 8 people in it at a time and when they all get out we have to turn it off due to lack of water in it... lol
one thing we would recommend is look at what the price of filters and chemicals are for each model... you don't want to buy a tub that has 4 filters and each one cost $75 each...