house shopping is kind of fun, until......

pELYgroso

'Merica
...until you find the perfect one and it slips through your fingers during negotiation! "If only I would have accepted that last offer! ! "

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
...until you find the perfect one, then find out it is a short sale and has an offer in and 10 backup offers already. Seems to be the norm for me.

I found a nice acre lot in west valley though. Anyone want to split it with me?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
...until you find the perfect one, then find out it is a short sale and has an offer in and 10 backup offers already. Seems to be the norm for me.

I found a nice acre lot in west valley though. Anyone want to split it with me?

Why split it up, unless of course you enjoy hearing your neighbor's conversations and want less space between you and them? Or buy it, build on half, then sell the other half when property values really go up.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Why split it up, unless of course you enjoy hearing your neighbor's conversations and want less space between you and them? Or buy it, build on half, then sell the other half when property values really go up.

He probably never thought of that. I bet you just saved him a lot of headache.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I'd love an acre of land, but not in that area. Resale would be very hard. All the lots around it are right around a half. And yes, I have been thinking about buying the whole thing and sitting on half of it to flip later on. Problem is that I don't have the funds to buy the whole thing and build a house at the same time.

pELYgroso

'Merica
so, it looks like we found another house and are now under contract. Definitely the reason that the other one fell through! We really like it! Now.....on to the hateful aches of moving....

anyone ever used one of those P.O.D.S.???? We're thinking of getting one.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
We had offers in on 4 houses before the 5th one actually went thru... and I'm happy with it. The others were problematic to one degree or another, we spent just a little more than I wanted to and didn't get out of town like I was interested in, but the house isn't a project, it has a huge shop and has been nicely remodeled. You have to do your due diligence and in the end, you'll find exactly whet you need.

My biggest complaint is the amount of time maintaining the yard takes on the weekend... :rofl: Bigger lots = more time to upkeep!

With all the properties we looked at, the offers we put in, the property we owned & sold... I've learned so much about real estate I feel like I could do it for a living! It was actually enjoyable & interesting for me to do the research about drilling wells, buying foreclosures, etc, etc.

pELYgroso

'Merica
well, after 6 offers, 3 of which went under contract and then fell through because of appraisal or dumb sellers, we finally found our house and closed today. It's been a crazy process that I am not looking forward to ever doing again. We'll be in N. Lehi, and the funny thing is, we looked at so many houses, and 90% of them were nicer and bigger than this one but we just had the gut feeling that this is it. Our first offer even fell through on it, so we found a different one and went under contract on it (much bigger and nicer house but in an HOA) and then the sellers called us back and said that the other buyers backed out so we could still offer on it so we thought hard about it, and long story short, we now own it! It's smaller than the house we're in now, but it's laid out better, so the space is more useable.

The best part (for me) is that it has a decent shop! It's hard to find a house with a shop!

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Ive been looking for a house with a shop as well. No luck at all yet. Only have looked at a couple and nothing even worth thinking about making an offer on.

If you run into any PLEASE let me know!

rholbrook

We had offers in on 4 houses before the 5th one actually went thru... and I'm happy with it. The others were problematic to one degree or another, we spent just a little more than I wanted to and didn't get out of town like I was interested in, but the house isn't a project, it has a huge shop and has been nicely remodeled. You have to do your due diligence and in the end, you'll find exactly whet you need.

My biggest complaint is the amount of time maintaining the yard takes on the weekend... :rofl: Bigger lots = more time to upkeep!

With all the properties we looked at, the offers we put in, the property we owned & sold... I've learned so much about real estate I feel like I could do it for a living! It was actually enjoyable & interesting for me to do the research about drilling wells, buying foreclosures, etc, etc.
Thats why there are goats. You have to use a chain to keep them in place or they will eat through it and anything else near by.

ChestonScout

I'm in the Lehi area, and we did look at a couple of them in this area. What areas are you looking in?

My wife works by SLC airport. We just need to be no more than 45 minutes from there. Lehi would be acceptable.

We have been looking everywhere from Toolele, to Lehi, to Clearfield.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
My wife works by SLC airport. We just need to be no more than 45 minutes from there. Lehi would be acceptable.

We have been looking everywhere from Toolele, to Lehi, to Clearfield.

If you have that large of an area to pick from, and you can't find a shop, you need a new Realtor!
Whats your price range? I'll bet I could grab you 10 to pick from..

ChestonScout

lol!!

No realtor yet. Been looking on my own. Maybe thats the problem.

I would like to stay around the 200k mark. That is another problem. Plenty around for double that. With that price point obviously Im ok with something that needs some work