How come....

RogueJeepr

Here!
I was asked this question by someone a while ago. How come nobody goes wheeling anymore ?
You dont see the big groups gathering for trail rides like you used to .
Is it cause of Facebook OR are people getting anti social, maybe just getting older and not a priority like it used to be.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

ttora4runner

I dropped out of group wheeling when I moved to Sheridan, Wyoming a few years back and just started doing solo runs since there was no one else in the area. Since then I've just been running solo. I need to get back into group runs since running solo gets boring.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Most of my "wheeling" is really exploring, and exploring is best done solo or with just one or two buddies. Even when I wheel to wheel I tend to like smaller groups over huge trail rides.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I don't know what you're talking about, I just got home from a club* run where we had 10 rigs in the group on Friday and added two and lost one for Saturday. We've had 15 in January and 9 in February as well.

*Wasatch Cruisers

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I think people get out just as much as they ever have it if not more with the current market situation, they just don't post about it as much on forums and even Facebook. Furthermore, Facebook certainly has taken away a lot of traffic from all forums which is sad to see because it's such a revolving door of information.

Last edited:

DAA

Supporting Member
I only do a two or three group runs a year. But that is two or three more than I used to do. So I'm doing more of that sort of thing than ever before.

Have always been a solo traveler. Still am for the most part. I don't post as many trip reports as I used to. Partly because I was getting uncomfortable with how much attention the trip reports were getting. But most of my off road adventures, are in the pursuit of other interests that I don't want to tell anyone where they take place anyway.

- DAA

Houndoc

For me, shift in focus (kids in high school sports, horses etc) have kept me away more than I wish.

Hope in near future can get out more.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Fify

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170313-140840.png
    Screenshot_20170313-140840.png
    267.1 KB · Views: 78

RogueJeepr

Here!
If you can make it let's do it .
Since im in the area, I'd like to get the last of the snow out of my system.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk