How do I get rid of a rat?

mombobuggy

It has been my experience that they just lick the peanut butter off of the trap. feeding and encouraging them to reproduce depending on how long this has been going on you could end up with many vermin good luck. They love top ramen maybe you could put some in the middle of some sticky traps.:eek:

Last edited:

blznnp

It has been my experience that they just lick the peanut butter off of the trap. feeding and encouraging them to reproduce depending on how long this has been going on you could end up with many vermin good luck. They love top ramen maybe you could put some in the middle of some sticky traps.:eek:
I had many traps that were licked clean. Peanut butter worked for me before but the ones that we got in our basement here just seemed to lick them clean. I think I ended up using cheese so that way they couldn't lick it off and ended up catching a few. My problems I have had with the rat poison was that I could tell they were eating it, but I couldn't find them unless they died in the house and then started to stink. I also haven't had any pets to worry about taken it though.

roverrocks

flamethrower.jpg

Houndoc

I'd stay away from poison with dogs in the house. I had some close calls with my dog when we tried to poison some mice.

Strongly agree. Have to patients currently in critical condition from rat bait ingestion. Too often people put it in places 'they are sure the dog (cat) won't find it' and are sadly wrong (not the situation in the current case, however.)