How do you lift a tracker????

93liftedGC

My friend just bought a really clean hardtop Tracker- It's an 89, and has coils all around- He wants to lift it anywhere from 2-4 inches just so he can get some flex, and fit 31's-

So, how can it be done??? We were thinking Jeep cols, but they are way to big in diameter, his coils are TINY! We considered a body lift, but then it wont flex, and it already hits the bumpstops doing normal offroad crap-

Ken

Look into some coils or look into some pucks to put on the coils. If you want to get really red neck ghetto then go to autozone and get the coil spring spacers but if you do that you are very dumb cause they have no use for fourwheeling.

jp008

I had mine lifted with a tow truck........ :eek:

BTW: Don't let the wife drive while you sleep, because she will go to sleep as well.

Attachments

• DSCF1851-1.jpg
    DSCF1851-1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF1852-1.jpg
    DSCF1852-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

camicaztoy

put some toy axles under it.

or you could wast some perfectly good 60's. have um narrowed about 2 feet, go 4 wheel steer and some 44" swampers. add crome, losts and lots of crome. bling, bling!!!! :D :rofl: :greg:

jp008

93liftedGC said:
My friend just bought a really clean hardtop Tracker- It's an 89, and has coils all around- He wants to lift it anywhere from 2-4 inches just so he can get some flex, and fit 31's-

So, how can it be done??? We were thinking Jeep cols, but they are way to big in diameter, his coils are TINY! We considered a body lift, but then it wont flex, and it already hits the bumpstops doing normal offroad crap-

www.rocky-road.com has a 4 incher. 2 inch bdy and 2.5 inch suspension. There is another company but I will not recommend them. I built a sidekick using D44's. Here it is.

Attachments

• IM000761.JPG
    IM000761.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IM000784.JPG
    IM000784.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

shmoesmith

yeah, www.rocky-road.com has a lift kit that will work just fine for a tracker. www.calmini.com has a lift kit for the tracker as well(assuming you want to stay independent front suspension for both lifts) The calmini kit is built MUCH MUCH better than the rocky road kit. I have the rocky road kit and my friend has the calmini kit. The rocky road kit does actually flex better than the calmini kit and will allow 31" tires. The rocky road kit(while fully weighed down because they use a higher spring rate to get the lift instead of control arms like calmini)gets around 24" of articulation. The Calmini kit get a little less. The rocky road kit DOES NOT give you the lift they claim, the Calmini kit DOES give you the lift they claim. Both companies have absolute SH*T for customer service and both companies are horrible about shipping on time (you seriously might get 4 month delays with both companies) The best route is to get some coil spacers from a jeep TJ, get a dremel tool and sand the inside out enough to make them fit on the tracker and make your own body lift. DONT listen to all these fu*ktards on rockymountainextreme that you cant wheel a tracker. In my experience most of the guys on here are as*holes on the web and pretty nice in real life...so dont take/listen to the sh*t they post on here. With a Rocky Road Outfitters Old man Emu suspension or the calmini 6" suspension and with a locker front and rear you can do damn near any trail out there (my buddy sporting the calmini with limited slip front and rear has done EVERY trail in the charles wells moab book with ABSOLUTLY no difficulty) and I have done trails such as the poison spider, golden spike, goldbar loop with absolutly no problems (i'm locked in the rear only). Build it, Wheel it, have fun.

Last edited:

jp008

James K said:
hope you guys were ok :eek:

We're OK. Things could have turned out much worse.
Beat up and bruised........PEOPLE WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT. We both had the belts on and the airbags deployed. Short story is wife fell asleep, hit the rumble strip and then over corrected. We hit the embankment and then cartwheeled unknown times until we came to rest almost 100 feet away from the original impact zone.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
shmoesmith said:
yeah, www.rocky-road.com has a lift kit that will work just fine for a tracker. www.calmini.com has a lift kit for the tracker as well(assuming you want to stay independent front suspension for both lifts) The calmini kit is built MUCH MUCH better than the rocky road kit. I have the rocky road kit and my friend has the calmini kit. The rocky road kit does actually flex better than the calmini kit and will allow 31" tires. The rocky road kit(while fully weighed down because they use a higher spring rate to get the lift instead of control arms like calmini)gets around 24" of articulation. The Calmini kit get a little less. The rocky road kit DOES NOT give you the lift they claim, the Calmini kit DOES give you the lift they claim. Both companies have absolute SH*T for customer service and both companies are horrible about shipping on time (you seriously might get 4 month delays with both companies) The best route is to get some coil spacers from a jeep TJ, get a dremel tool and sand the inside out enough to make them fit on the tracker and make your own body lift. DONT listen to all these fu*ktards on rockymountainextreme that you cant wheel a tracker. In my experience most of the guys on here are as*holes on the web and pretty nice in real life...so dont take/listen to the sh*t they post on here. With a Rocky Road Outfitters Old man Emu suspension or the calmini 6" suspension and with a locker front and rear you can do damn near any trail out there (my buddy sporting the calmini with limited slip front and rear has done EVERY trail in the charles wells moab book with ABSOLUTLY no difficulty) and I have done trails such as the poison spider, golden spike, goldbar loop with absolutly no problems (i'm locked in the rear only). Build it, Wheel it, have fun.

LIGHTEN UP FRANCES!

That yellow deal looks pretty cool. Off road go-cart. :D That doesn't mean "worthless POS".

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
shmoesmith said:
DONT listen to all these fu*ktards on rockymountainextreme that you cant wheel a tracker. In my experience most of the guys on here are as*holes on the web and pretty nice in real life...so dont take/listen to the sh*t they post on here.
Sweet!

James K

NO, I'm always like this
shmoesmith said:
WOW, try decaf..............its called "ribbing" ie flipping someone **** :rolleyes:

better check yourself on the f*cktard comment, it could very well come back to F*CK YOU. ;)

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
shmoesmith said:

Wow, just wow. All the people of RME huh. Wow.