How do you lift a tracker????

shmoesmith

PierCed_3 said:
Wow, just wow. All the people of RME huh. Wow.

Re-read the post.
DONT listen to all these fu*ktards on rockymountainextreme that you cant wheel a tracker.
Yeah, you are a fu*ktard if you are telling someone they cant wheel a particular type of 4x4. I've seen stock stuff do amazing things and I've seen very incapable vehicles modified into amazing off-road rigs. Its all about aftermarket support and if there isnt any, relying on your own fabrication skills.
In my experience most of the guys on here are as*holes on the web and pretty nice in real life...so dont take/listen to the sh*t they post on here
Well, what can I say, I did use the word 'most' and with reason. I did mention that they were pretty nice in real life(obviously ignored). But the point is that IMHO the people that do most of the posting on here are a bunch of sh*t talking As*holes IN THEIR POSTS..whether it is serious or meant to be taken sarcasticly or as a joke. Thats why I rarely get on here anymore..If I want real tech talk by somone that isnt going to be a jerk or give me a sarcastic reply in a tech forum (sarcastic replys are for chit chat), I go somewhere other than RME. Lastly, as I said, most of the guys on here are very nice people in real life and are very cool to wheel with if you get the oportunity and wont hesitate to help you out of a jam..they just like to talk smack on the web(and as posted, dont listen to it..its just that, sh*t talk)
Now go get that tracker wheelin :cool: If you want some REAL help on it, got to http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/ There are a bunch of tracker guys on there that are very helpful and wheel their trackers hard.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
shmoesmith said:
Re-read the post.

Yeah, you are a fu*ktard if you are telling someone they cant wheel a particular type of 4x4. I've seen stock stuff do amazing things and I've seen very incapable vehicles modified into amazing off-road rigs. Its all about aftermarket support and if there isnt any, relying on your own fabrication skills.

Well, what can I say, I did use the word 'most' and with reason. I did mention that they were pretty nice in real life(obviously ignored). But the point is that IMHO the people that do most of the posting on here are a bunch of sh*t talking As*holes IN THEIR POSTS..whether it is serious or meant to be taken sarcasticly or as a joke. Thats why I rarely get on here anymore..If I want real tech talk by somone that isnt going to be a jerk or give me a sarcastic reply in a tech forum (sarcastic replys are for chit chat), I go somewhere other than RME. Lastly, as I said, most of the guys on here are very nice people in real life and are very cool to wheel with if you get the oportunity and wont hesitate to help you out of a jam..they just like to talk smack on the web(and as posted, dont listen to it..its just that, sh*t talk)
Now go get that tracker wheelin :cool: If you want some REAL help on it, got to http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/ There are a bunch of tracker guys on there that are very helpful and wheel their trackers hard.
still waiting for YOU to provide some Tech in this thread, mister all knowing zuki guy, and if you think I won't flip you sh*it to your face then you haven't been paying attention, I WILL flip sh!t to you on here and to your face :D

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
shmoesmith said:
Re-read the post.

So what you are saying is that you can talk all kinds of smack and be a total a-hole so long as you put a link to information on Trackers right??

Practice what you preach.

I also feel the same as you as far as meeting people here, they are nice in person but can come off somewhat abraisive on the web. Take it with a grain of salt. I am sure he's not crying himself to sleep over any of the comments already posted.

And yes James... you do flip it at thier face... and it's disgusting.. ;)

All hijacking aside I believe that any rig can be as capable as you want it to be. Lord forbid someone talk about Range Rovers next!!! Who cares... and 95% of the people who posted on this is just ribbing the guy. I see many advantages of XJ's compared to YJ's, but then I see vice versa, if this is what you got... wheel it till the wheels fall off.

***Disclaimer***
I only replied to this thread for the sole reason that I am an RME regular user and felt offended at the fact that Shmoesmith thinks 95% of people are "fu*ktards" on the forum but really nice in person, guess I'll have to meet him to change my mind about him....
/disclaimer

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
x2.

WTF? Yeah, you can wheel anything that will make it to the damn trailhead. Trackers etc are limited by their incredible tiny dimensions. 31's look big on them. DOESN"T MEAN THEY"RE NOT FUN TO WHEEL IN!

A little ribbing for driving a friggin shoebox is A. warranted, in my opinion heheh and B. NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. So untwist your panties, seriously.

btw, ever make fun of a Ford Explorer? An H2? yeah, I thought so... but guess what, it is POSSIBLE to "wheel" them too. So STFU and quit crying.

/a-hole

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Tacoma said:
x2.

WTF? Yeah, you can wheel anything that will make it to the damn trailhead. Trackers etc are limited by their incredible tiny dimensions. 31's look big on them. DOESN"T MEAN THEY"RE NOT FUN TO WHEEL IN!

A little ribbing for driving a friggin shoebox is A. warranted, in my opinion heheh and B. NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. So untwist your panties, seriously.

btw, ever make fun of a Ford Explorer? An H2? yeah, I thought so... but guess what, it is POSSIBLE to "wheel" them too. So STFU and quit crying.

/a-hole

BWAHAHAHA :greg:

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Tacoma said:
x2.

/a-hole

guilty on all 4 counts.
A: wheelin' what made it to the trailhead (see avatar)
B: drivin' a shoe box (see avatar)
C: giving XXXploders shat ( I wheel one of them too, cause the min van is dead :mad: )
D: Giving H2's shat (www.FUH2.com he he he)

Wheel what you brung, and have a good time, AND TAKE PICS, CAUSE AIN'T NOBODY GONNA BELIEVE YOU

And if you think lift options are limited on a Sidekick/Tracker- Damnnnnnnnnn, go buy a Toyota van, you can't even do the standard Toyota 8" SFA SAS swap easily cause the van runs a driver side drop!!

(If I was gonna mall crawl- I guess a Dana 30 would be an option)
(but then I would weaken the Toy with Heap parts,:eek: bad) :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha)

Last edited:

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
you could use a hi-lift jack although the jack might feel embarassed lifting this toy of your buddy's. j/k KENNETH !!

WAit! Wait! Wait! this is just gettin good! thin-skin v/s. thick-skin! I need some popcorn for this hijack!! :rofl:

:cool: in the right corner, we have the reining sh!t-flipper and local favorite with the bad attitude known as James K!

:cool: and in the contender corner the the one who elicits all RME members as F*ucktards and doesn't enjoy gettin flipped, The omnipresent thin-skinned decaf needing Shmoesmith

LETS GET READY FOR KEYBOARD WARFARE PEOPLE!!

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
fattodog said:
you could use a hi-lift jack although the jack might feel embarassed lifting this toy of your buddy's. j/k KENNETH !!

WAit! Wait! Wait! this is just gettin good! thin-skin v/s. thick-skin! I need some popcorn for this hijack!! :rofl:

:cool: in the right corner, we have the reining sh!t-flipper and local favorite with the bad attitude known as James K!

:cool: and in the contender corner the the one who elicits all RME members as F*ucktards and doesn't enjoy gettin flipped, The omnipresent thin-skinned decaf needing Shmoesmith

LETS GET READY FOR KEYBOARD WARFARE PEOPLE!!

:rolleyes:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So out of curiosity, its ok to talk sh!t to people as long as you're serious, but as soon as you're kidding around, you're a f*cktard?

That yellow tracker is kick ass too.

Cody

CJJ92yj

The great thing about people wanting to wheel the less-than popular vehicles is the ingenuity and creativity it takes to get them capable. The knowledge from these people can be invaluable to someone else trying to do the same. Kudos to anyone and everyone who is willing to wheel a Tracker!

Might take a little more fabrication than the everyday bolt-on kit, but it will all be worth it. Everyone starts somewhere. Besides, Trackers can be had for almost next to nothing. He's already got most of us beat in the budget department right out of the gate!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My first post was just meant as a joke. I've wheeled with a tracker (I also helped one pull it's plugs after it rolled on poisen spider--and the guy was a trail guide in moab! ) I think they are nimble little vehicles--I'm sure they are fun as hell to drive--kinda like go-carts. I know what it's like to take a platform and make it into something it was never destined to be. I drive a freakin grand cherokee!

anyways, back on topic. The only trackers I've seen that were lifted had the Calimini stuff, and I've heard good things about it. Beyond that, I have nothing substitive to constribute so I'll go away.

Cody

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Guess

I am about to start a project on a Tracker of the same year. I plan on using a solid Samurai axle and coil spring setup. I will retain the stock trans and t-case. Should be able to run 31 inch tires or so. I will have to stick on some pictures when I get going. If you are just going to be using the rig for daily driving and beating around a little bit. Stick with the IFS and round up some coil spacers, or go with the unamed company that sells a lift for them. Good Luck

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Samuraiman said:

and what makes me a non-believer? the fact that I made a sarcastic comment and someones panties crawled up their ass. lighten up. I can respect the fact that people build different rigs.

but since you feel you need to put me in my place, well then good for you, nice try.

but it boils down to I think they are a ugly vehicle.

Last edited:

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Attitude Adjustment

You must have been on the trail with one now you need an attitude adjustment. OOPS did i say that. No I was being sarcastic as well. Not my fault you can't take a joke. :) j/k

As you said (I think they are a ugly vehicle.) You absolutely right what isn't now days.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

calmini

i've heard horror stories about how long it takes to ship from calmini, but i can't deny how great the construction is. not to take away from this great website, but check out www.zukiworld.com to see some great ifs tracker and sidekicks. i have the 3" body lift (i normally hate body lifts) and the 3" suspension lift, and it has been worth every penny. i'm running 31's with stock gears and i still get 23+ MPG. i put on a header and 2" exhaust and it has more power than stock. it's pretty capable and lots of fun. i recommend the calmini kit personally.

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Calmini

I recently did another Tracker with the Calmini 3 Inch lift and No body lift running 31-10/50 tires and it turned out good. Still waiting for my customer to decide on the other one I was planning on the solid axle. You forget that Toyota's also have IFS till some crazy sucker decided to cut it out. So maybe that makes them worthless as well till someone figured out how to get rid of it. Who knows here is a pic

Attachments

• tracker.jpg
    tracker.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 12