How hard is it to swap a set of waggy springs to a YJ?

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I have a set of waggy springs and was curious what it would take to get them onto my YJ. Anyone done this before?? Is it a direct bolt in?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
PierCed_3 said:
I have a set of waggy springs and was curious what it would take to get them onto my YJ. Anyone done this before?? Is it a direct bolt in?

My experience may or may not apply (I've been outboarding and all kinds of weird things) but it's pretty much bolt-in in my case. I've got them on the rear (at least for now). I'd kind of like a Waggy set for the front, but think I'll need a lifted version. I'll sit with what I have right now, get the rig going, and go from there.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Waggy sprigs are about 1.5" longer than stock YJ and rear CJ springs. If needed, you may have to buy longer shackles to compensate for the length. The waggy center pin is offset 1.5" from the center, so be sure to take that into account when mouting them.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I was thinking about doing the standard wag setup.. fronts on front and backs on back. This is for a buddy's Jeep. I found my springs!!! :D YEAH!!

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
do the rears have the centering pin in the center of the spring.

second question:

Is it worth the swap.. I have heard really good things about wag springs.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
PierCed_3 said:

second question:

I ran the waggies front and rear on my Cruiser for quite some time, Nice Flex ;)
If you have bought them already you can see that the rears are very long and will require you to move the front of your rear spring hanger forward.

Caleb

PierCed_3 said:

second question:

as Shawn said the rear waggys are much monger...most guys do a pair of front waggys on both the front and rear and gain approx. 3" in their wheelbase....Shawn is one of the few people I know (or heard of) that have done both fronts and rears...

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I have a 4 1/2 grinder and a small 110 welder.. would that do the trick? Do I need a more powerful welder? It doesnt have gas assist and it is a Craftsman. I swapped a 4.3 Vortec into my Jeep so I have a little experience in fabrication. I just don't know how to wire a Vortec up :D .