How is a Suzuki DR350?

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
I have spent none time on a dirt bike. Plenty of time on four wheelers. I want something street legal, sort of streetable and fun on trails. I don't need crazy speed, or jumping ability.

The bike I want (I think) is a DR400, but the 350s have been around for a long time and can be picked up cheaply.

thanks for the help

sixstringsteve

What's your budget? i'm selling my dirt bike, and it definitely meets those criteria. The suzuki would be better on the road, but mine would be better on the dirt. Plus mine weighs about 80 lbs less.

Last edited:

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
budget is up in the air. What are the reasons that the 400 is so much better? I want the 400, but I see the 350s for about half the price.

I see nice looking DR350s for 1000-1500 pretty regularly and that is tempting. If jumping up to 2000-2500 will get me a way better bike, less maintenance, whatever. I may do it.

193kyle

I've got a really nice 2002 DRZ400S that I might be willing to part with, it has a bunch of extras and runs great. Only reason for selling is I just don't ever have time to ride... PM if you're interested

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
The DR350 is actually a great, simple older-design that works well. If you're on a limited budget, a DR350 is a good option for a dual sport.

cuban b

You're all WEAK SAUCE!
That's kind of what I thought/hoped. I'm a little afraid of growing out of it,but I'm A total beginner and I'm not picky. I would probably like any bike I got

rholbrook

The 400 has the new styled motor with duel cams, short piston and better suspension.

The shorter piston allow for a faster, higher reving motor and of course the better suspension would make your life better on the trail.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I was a brand new rider as well. I went with the 400 and am glad I did. My time on quads made me happy I did. Mine is the E with a street legal kit on it. To me that is the way to go better power then the s or sm and just as good or better on road and better off road. Mine is for sale now for 2000. Only so I can get a bigger bike. If it never sells I'll be happy riding it forever.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I liked my 91 DR350 back in 91 when it was new, It was sweet in its time, I would call it a brick by todays standards, havent rode one newer than that. used bike seem like they are going cheap, I would try for a 400 and something closer.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I'd buy a DR350 in a heartbeat especially if I was a beginner. They are great trail bikes and not difficult to make street legal. The DRZ400 is modern, high performance and better suspended in comparison, but I don't think you could go wrong with a 350 if you find a clean one for a good price where you are new to the sport.

rholbrook

I look at it this way, its better than what you have now.

If its clean and you get it for a good price, it will be worth what you paid for it next year and then upgrade when you feel more comfortable off road.

Caleb

This thread makes me laugh a little...calling the DRZ400 modern :p (I know in the context of this thread, it is, but... :D)

I agree with what's been said, the DR350 would be a great bike and would get you out riding, the DRZ400 will be a better bike. You will have fun on either one. :)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
This thread makes me laugh a little...calling the DRZ400 modern :p

LOL I couldn't find the words... Modern compared to the DR350--dated by today's standards.. Unless its compared to another Japanese offroad bike then it fits in pretty good :rofl: