how many lift blocks needed for a samurai?

v-stone

I say hold out for the spring over save a little and get all the info for driveline and such, It is never better to rush things or to spend money on bandaid fixs, take the time to do it right and you won't regrett it, trust me i have been there when it comes to no money and rushed upgrades

X2

When you're ready to go with bigger tires, then do a SPOA. Your rig looks good and will probably wheel pretty good the way it is. Short wheel bases don't need a lot of lift.

For my 2 cents on putting a body lift on a samurai - DO NOT!

4Runner

i am not a very big supporter on body lifts either. i have heard that they can shift and stuff like that. im not sure how true that is but i have heard it. my dad did a spring over kit on a yj and not only was it very easy but very cheap to do and gave him a bunch more flex then he did before.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Question, do you SOA Sami guys do a 'cut & turn' on the front axle, ie turn up the caster and turn up the pinion too? I've had a few ask if we can do it and I've passed but as we stock the knuckle kits for the Sami's it would make sense for us to do the cut/turns too if needed.

airmanwilliams

Any of you guys have samurai lift components or some 31x10.50x15's in decent shape you might trade for jazz tickets. I just bought some jazz tickets but now I would rather sell most of them or trade them for samurai things so let me know what you have and which tickets you want to trade for. Each date has a pair of tickets and on the 22nd I will know the seat numbers but I do know they are in the upper bowl.

2 Tix WIZARDS |removethispart|@ JAZZ *UPPER CORNER* 3/28
2 Tix ROCKETS |removethispart|@ JAZZ *UPPER CORNER* 2/2
2 Tix TRAIL BLAZERS |removethispart|@ JAZZ *UPPER CORNER* 4/7

if interested you can text me at 801-928-0980

Last edited:

Mope

Question, do you SOA Sami guys do a 'cut & turn' on the front axle, ie turn up the caster and turn up the pinion too? I've had a few ask if we can do it and I've passed but as we stock the knuckle kits for the Sami's it would make sense for us to do the cut/turns too if needed.

There are some that have done it. I think it would be a nice option because it would help out the front u-joint angle at the t-case alot having the pinion rolled up. It doesn't take a whole lot of lift and that upper u-joint is almost running at it's max. It makes it terrible to try and drive with any speed at all with the hubs in because of the vibration. This is also due to fact that the sami case mounts at a slant from the factory to make the rear u-joint angles more desirable.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There are some that have done it. I think it would be a nice option because it would help out the front u-joint angle at the t-case alot having the pinion rolled up. It doesn't take a whole lot of lift and that upper u-joint is almost running at it's max. It makes it terrible to try and drive with any speed at all with the hubs in because of the vibration. This is also due to fact that the sami case mounts at a slant from the factory to make the rear u-joint angles more desirable.

Great, thanks for the heads up. If any locals would like to have a cut/turn done, let me know as I'd be happy to give it a go. Our Land Cruiser axle jig should work exactly the same and our 4 blade cutter should have no problem on the smaller tubing size.