How much was your cage?

Jeeptj98

chevtech said:
I'm thinking about buying this sport cage for my TJ after bending one of the factory "sport bars" (holy cow those things are like tinfoil!).

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/currentGroupBuys/productDetails.asp?productID=21

I can get it shipped here for $32 (no tax either) so it seems like a pretty good deal. Anyone local that does good work that might be cheaper? Or should I just run with this one?

If I were you I would check with Brandon at Anarchy Offroad, He can give you a much better Cage that isn't bolt on.

Caleb

well, I dont htink anyone will be able to beat it because thats production made...and its not a cage, its sport bars...its good for looks but thats about it...I bet its about as string as the stock one, one reason is cause it bolts to the stock on, it wont make the stock one any stronger so that will stil be your weak link (although I have always heard the stock cage is adequate)

chevtech

Seasoned Mall Cruiser
supergper said:
well, I dont htink anyone will be able to beat it because thats production made...and its not a cage, its sport bars...its good for looks but thats about it...I bet its about as string as the stock one, one reason is cause it bolts to the stock on, it wont make the stock one any stronger so that will stil be your weak link (although I have always heard the stock cage is adequate)

Yeah I was a little concerned about that too. But then I watched this roll and she was able to drive away from it using their "sport bars".

http://www.toysbytroy.com/Project_Files/Project_TracysJeep.htm

That made me feel a little bit better about it.

BTW if you haven't seen this roll, it's worth watching.

:)

James K

NO, I'm always like this
I would talk to the local shops and see what they can do.

There may be things they can add to it to make it fit your needs better then a cookie cutter cage.

It sounds very adult(not usuallly how I sound :p ) but, you get what you pay for.

you may never use your "sport bar" but why take a chance. JMO

Caleb

chevtech said:
Yeah I was a little concerned about that too. But then I watched this roll and she was able to drive away from it using their "sport bars".

http://www.toysbytroy.com/Project_Files/Project_TracysJeep.htm

That made me feel a little bit better about it.

BTW if you haven't seen this roll, it's worth watching.

:)

yeah, its a good roll but I would by no means justify getting some sport bars over a true cage by one lucky person (thats right, I said lucky)...for one, she didn;t hit very hard and two, she was very lucky...she should have gone straight and bought a lotto ticket cause chances are it was her luckiest day ever...(and if she had listened to her spotter she probably would have avoided the roll all together;) )

grinch

inner city redneck
That was a pretty tame roll compared to a lot of them I see...( I do manage to see more than the average person due to the comps and all).
I have to also sound adult and say why chance your life. If your type of wheeling warrants the need for a cage don't scrimp. Its your life and safety and even more important think about your passengers its their life's you endanger also. You may have to pony up a little more cash but you will have a far superior product in the long run...

utjeep.roc

ROCK ON
Brandon at Anarchy for sure. His cages look great and are very stout. I looked at all the other cages and I'll be getting Anarchy's cage cuz I think it's the best. :hickey:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i had a cage built by RoackLogic.... looks good, i'll let you know how it holds up next week ;)