How smart are chickens?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Look, I'm on record almost ad nauseum about how much I hate the Farm Emo. It's the lowest of low brow. I could have written a hit Nascar-nursery rhyme by age 6, but I'm no sell out. Look no further than two of the top grossing country acts who were formerly terrible rappists. Post Malone was a high selling but low talent rappist because his shitty auto-tuned product already appealed to the lowest common denominator. He just had to dumb down the bars a bit to move over to country. Jelly Roll was a high talent low selling rappist in the absolute worst genre of rap (hick-hop..it's like a more southern version of ICP). Spin up a couple formulaic country ballads (actually, Jelly Roll's "Save Me" is pretty out of line with typical country in that it's self written, authentic, and not obnoxious) and they're off to the bank without breaking a sweat.

I can at least understand the appeal of a lot of the older country that was original and performed by people who actually, you know, were from the country. Seems like very little of what has been produced in the last 30 years falls into that category. It's an absolute insult to the people that listen to it, who should absolutely be enraged at the caricature it's creating of their heritage , but instead they boot scoot their way down to RAC to pick up some by9's to blast it from the back of the Cummings while the artists live in cozy apartments in NYC.

Why we get the lowest of the low when it comes to quality singers lately, I don’t know.
But when I look at those in the cool kids music I don’t see the ‘artists’ being any better.
Society as a whole peaked about 25 years ago.

However, county music is the most listened to genre of millionaires, second only to talk radio.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Why we get the lowest of the low when it comes to quality singers lately, I don’t know.
But when I look at those in the cool kids music I don’t see the ‘artists’ being any better.
Society as a whole peaked about 25 years ago.

However, county music is the most listened to genre of millionaires, second only to talk radio.
What is "cool kid music"? I just want to know if I'm finally cool for once in my life...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Possible, but not probable.

@Cody will have to tell me what cool kids music really is.. but I was leaning towards the Cardi B, Travis Scott, etc..
Oh, I don't know what cool kids music is either. I don't even know what cool is. Very little of what I enjoy has ever been particularly main-stream or considered "cool". I listen to a lot of punk and a lot of hip hop, and I think there are more similarities than differences between those two genres of music.

Most of the top modern music, whether it's country or otherwise, just feels pretty formulaic and autotuned so that really anyone that fits the mold can perform it. Very little of it will survive the test of time.

Although, I'm kind of a fan of Doja Cat ha ha. She's probably considered pretty mainstream I guess.

Coco

I wasn't a Postie fan by any means, but his 'country' album is pretty good. Maybe that is because of all the country artists that helped him on it? IDK, I listen to just about anything, but rap has never been something I enjoyed. Luke Combs is a newer country artist I have really enjoyed. His Fathers & Sons album that released on Fathers Day got me right in the feels.

(hick-hop..it's like a more southern version of ICP)
Literally spit water out of my mouth. :rofl:

ID Bronco

I wasn't a Postie fan by any means, but his 'country' album is pretty good. Maybe that is because of all the country artists that helped him on it? IDK, I listen to just about anything, but rap has never been something I enjoyed. Luke Combs is a newer country artist I have really enjoyed. His Fathers & Sons album that released on Fathers Day got me right in the feels.

Literally spit water out of my mouth. :rofl:
This is a great album. Huntin' by yourself again hits home. Songs that make you smile about your own experiences are where it's at. Some of Riley Green's stuff is great too. "man behind the times" as an example